10.31.2006

I Hate the F-ing NBA
The NBA regular season kicks off today much to la Chica's dismay.

I'm not afraid to say it, I hate the NBA. The games are boring, especially compared to college basketball and the season occupies almost an entire year. As one of my friends put it (Tara), it takes 8 months for them to play their games and the other 4 are for their trials. I'm just saying!

Why can't the college football season last this long? Yes, I know the kids have to go to school but come on. It's just a shame that the NBA covers almost an entire year of whiney, really tall men tossing around a ball but those of us who love college football only get 4 measly months of sheer joy.

And honestly, who cares? I know a lot of people but I know no one who would rather watch an NBA finals game instead of a regular season college football game!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sportschica, if the college football season lasted as long and had as many games, it would not be as special as it is. It would be the boring, uninspiring sport that the NBA is. Just like MLB, an NBA team can go on a losing streak and no one cares. Why? Because you still have three million games remaining to make it up. In college football, it's one day each week and every game is absolutely crucial. Every game means something. That's what makes it special.............well, that and the opportunity to get hammered at the tailgate for five hours before each game.

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking myself up...Yeah some of them go to school, but the cf season is sadly too short for me...well maybe not this season.

Go Dawgs!

Anonymous said...

La NBA is a cancer! Just like MLB and NHL!

Not only are they boring but the people that play and follow these are total bitches! I'm just sayin'

I would rather watch the home shopping network for 36 straight hours than watch 10 minutes of the above mentioned "sports".

BTW i have watched 36 hours of HSN before.(thanks Tara)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you La Chica - their season is waaaay too long. I think they should not only limit their number of games, but also go back to the old school uniforms. We womenfolk can hardly appreciate those chiseled physiques in big ol' baggy pajamas.

Anonymous said...

Neal obviously doesn't know what a great sport hockey is. I pity him.

GO SABRES!

Anonymous said...

I tried I really tried, to be boring and watch Hockey. Obviously TriGeek has master the art of being boring.








Yawn....

Anonymous said...

The Thrashers are making hockey interesting in Atlanta again this year. 12-5-3 going into this Friday's game against Dallas. Me Gusto Blueland! Also, how 'bout them Hawks starting at 4-2?