10.17.2006

MNF
La Chica doesn't usually post on Tuesdays but last night's Monday Night Football game left me no choice!

Let me begin by saying that the Cardinals new stadium is beautiful. What a fabulous job. Oh sorry, it's not really the Cardinals stadium; it belongs to the University of Phoenix. Yup, you read correctly. Now, does the University of Phoenix need a stadium of that magnitude, do they have a football team?? Seriously.

For those of you who watched the game, you know why I had to post today. God bless the Arizona fans, your fate in life is worse than any other sports fan. The Cards were up in the 3rd quarter by 20 points, the Bears offense couldn't score against my dog, Zoe (awww), Rex Grossman threw 4 interceptions, and there were also 2 fumbles on the Bears side. All of the points the Bears scored were off of the defense and special teams.

So, you would think that with a game like that on the Bears side of the ball, the Cards would win, right? Uh, NO!

Those poor bastards let the game slip away from them and gave it up. This is huge. You're up by 20 to the "best" team in the league in your brand new stadium on national television in the second half of the game, their offense is playing like ass and you still lose. Pobrecitos! I can't see this team coming back from this loss for awhile, if at all.

And by the way, if that's the "best" team in the league, I'm not going to be so worried about a possible threat to my 1972 Miami Dolphins perfect season. Not yet anyway.

And another thing, how do you guys feel about this new crew of MNF game analysts? La Chica don't like!

Joe Theismann is an arrognant idiot. Tony Kornheiser, I love you on Pardon The Interruption but you need to stay in the studio. Mike Tirico, you TALK TOO MUCH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate lots of things (see previous comments) but I reserve a special spot in my black heart f of hate for Joe Theisman. He needs to shut up, you do not have to talk after every play. He has to say two things after every play.

1. one negative thing
2. one positive thing

But that is not all. He will say the exact opposite thing in the very next play.

And another thing. Why do I have to see the celebrity factor on the show. They parade every B, C, and D celeb they can find in the stands. Next week I fully expect to see Chuck Norris in the booth! (Even though Chuck Norris kicks total ass...see: http://www.duckshit.com/chuck-norris-jokes/ for proof)

Da Bears looked bad and winning games when you play badly is what makes you champions. I am happy that the Bears are playing well. I went to bed thinking there is no way they could win this game, that was in the 4th quarter by the way.