10.26.2006

Will Butch Be Back?
Former University of Miami head coach, Butch Davis is clearly leaving the door open for Miami to come knocking again. Here is an article from the Miami Herald in which Butch states he misses coaching and is ready to get back to it: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/15840881.htm

Here is the interview that went on in my head between me and Butch Davis:

La Sportschica: Are you really ready to come back to coaching, Butch?
Butch Davis: Yes, I think the time has come and I think I prefer college to the NFL.

La Sportschica: If Miami asked you to come back as their head coach would you?
Butch Davis: But, of course.

La Sportschica: Would you ask Larry Coker to stay on as your offensive coordinator?
Butch Davis: Hell no. Larry is a good guy but I think it's time for him to move on.

La Sportschica: Please come back to the U, Butch!
Butch Davis: Is that a question?

La Sportschica: Won't ya come back to the U, Butch?
Butch Davis: That's more like it and yes I will return!

La Sportschica: Well, Butch, I personally forgive you and do not care how you left or why you left! I want U back!
Butch Davis: Would you like to go get a drink?

Okay, seriously, Miami better jump on this because he's not going to remain available for too long. Davis was not known as the best "game day" coach but he is a superior recruiter and brings discipline to a program. Two things Miami is in desperate need of at the moment.

Go Canes and come back Butch!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sportschica, you are a funny muchacha.