10.25.2006

Picks and Opinions
I was going to wait until tomorrow to post my picks for this weekend but some of you will not let a Chica rest! Here they are:

#10 Clemson vs Virginia Tech
In my opinion, Clemson is going to win the ACC this year. They put a heavy beat down on a pretty good Georgia Tech team this past weekend so it leads me to believe they will do the same to Va Tech.

#11 Notre Dame vs Navy
This game is posted because I really want Navy to beat Notre Dame! I don't think they can but Navy did play well against a good Tennessee team earlier this year. With that, I'm picking Navy knowing that peeps are going to talk smack about me. Hey, a Chica can dream.

#19 Oklahoma vs #23 Missouri
Big 12, blah, blah, blah! Have I made it clear how much the Big 12 bores me? However, both teams are ranked so they're in here. I'm picking Mizzou at home.

Georgia vs #9 Florida
I was recently accused of being pro-Georgia because of all my "dawg friends" by a Florida fan (Jeff). He still doesn't believe me when I say I hate everybody almost equally! Honestly, la Chica has enough hate to go around to all these teams and I've adopted a new mantra for the remainder of the college football year: La Sportschica will not cheer for any team other than the Miami Hurricanes.

There will be no more "oh, since my favorite team can't be in the national championship, then I will cheer for your team". HAIL NO! I want everyone to lose.

Moving on, the only thing I wish for this game is that Georgia plays hard and makes it interesting but I don't care who wins. Since UGA's offense will not be able to keep up with Florida's, I'm going with the Gators to win and probably win big.

Miami vs #21 Georgia Tech
Tech will rebound from getting its ass kicked by Clemson last week and beat Miami. By the way, look for la Sportschica at the game!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not so happy that you are dissing UGA because Jeff is making you feel guilty.

Anonymous said...

Now, now, now la Sportschica. La dawg fan knows how much you loathe and despise those swarmy Gators. It's okay to admit that little Timmy jumps around like he has been mainlining Red Bull....Don't back down now:)

But uh yeah- the Gators win BIG. Hoping they don't hang 50 on the Dawgs. UGA is still the coolest mascot.

SportsChica said...

Depressed Dawg, I still love me some UGA! He rocks!!!

And don't worry, I still loathe the Gators. Hate and bitterness toward football is my new mantra.

Anonymous said...

SportsChica, there's no good reason not to hate the Dawgs. I'm foregoing the Tech - Miami game Saturday to go to Jax to see the Gators romp. After wasting my time and money going up to Clemson Saturday night to see a grossly overrated Tech get smacked down, I have little desire to see two realing teams play, not that UGA isn't realing also.

While I'm mentioning it, the atmosphere in Clemson was fantastic. The fans were totally wound up and the changes they've made to their stadium now gives it a real great feel. I'm not ready to say Clemson is among the country's elite teams, but I can say for certain that Tech's defense is a joke, no matter what the ESPN pundits said before the game.

Ms. Chica, could you favor us with a comment regarding the report that Butch Davis might be coming back?

GO BUCKS!

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't La Chica make a pick for the Northwestern-Michigan game? I say Northwestern all the way!!

Anonymous said...

UGA vs the Florida Tebows? Hmm? I say little Timmy Red Bull by 6...Unless of course they are still in a daze from the Leak meltdown. He definitely went all three mile island on national TV. He had a severe narrowing of the shirt collar incident against the War Eagles in front of everyone, just in case anyone out there has selective memory. Is he still the starter? Has Urban decided to go "youth movement" yet? I for one want to see Little Timmy play exclusively so that we can see how for real he is running something other than goaline or short yardage sets. I want to see how he reacts to adversity when they start mixing coverages in that he hasn't seen yet. He might be great, who knows. I just have a strong desire to see what he can do. He brings excitement!...Leak has had his years in the sun...UGA looks extremely downtrodden about now, and I just can't see them rising to the occassion, although stranger things have happened. Sorry UGA faithful! I too am rooting for Navy against the Papists! I never truly hated them until they got their own TV network...Sorry SportsChica but your Canes are in such a state that I wouldn't go near them with a pick right now...I also can't see Butch ever returning. They never forgive and forget after the kind of bitterness that went down when he left for beautiful Cleveburg...Stranger things have happened, but I would be shocked!

Anonymous said...

I am doing well coming up with these clever little names aren't I la Sportschica. Don't talk smack about UGA kyskin....Tell us how your team is doing:)