10.18.2006

Picks and Opinions
La Sportschica is taking a much needed mini-vacation so picks must go out a day early. Before I begin, did you guys hear about the brawl between the University of Miami and FIU? Just making sure because I don't think ESPN showed it enough. Okay, here we go:

#5 Texas vs #17 Nebraska
My weekly "who gives a sh-t game", but I'll go crazy and pick Nebraska at home!

Iowa vs #2 Michigan
La Chica is thinking that Iowa will make this close with Michigan pulling it out and winning at home. However, that would be so fantastic if Iowa won this game!!!

#22 Boston College vs Florida State
Will the Seminoles come out and play? I'm going to go out on a limb and pick FSU to win. I gotta think they have some kind of pride...who am I kidding?!

#19 Rutgers vs Pittsburgh
A year ago, who would have thought that this would be a pick on la Chica's blog? Actually, who would have thought that there would be a Sportschica blog??? Anyway, mark my words, this is going to be a fun little game and I'm going with Pitt at home.

Colorado vs #20 Oklahoma
The Buffs are my new adopted team (not really but just work with me). With Adrian Peterson and his dad out of the lineup for OU, I think Colorado has a chance. The Buffs make it 2 in a row!

South Carolina vs Vanderbilt
This game is only being posted because la Chica is curious to see how Vandy responds to beating Georgia. The Gamecocks win, however.

#13 Georgia Tech vs #12 Clemson
Could this be a preview of the ACC Championship game? La Chica says: YES! I was at Clemson last year for a game and that place was rocking (literally), it's a difficult place for a visiting team to win. So, I'm picking Clemson barely over Tech.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey La Freaka Chica -
Did last weekend happen? Please tell me it was a bad dream!
I gotta say, I am fully prepared for UM to blow out Iowa. They are pretty dinged up now, and not a good road team. I will be pleased if I see otherwise, but I'm afraid this one could get ugly for the Hawks.

RE: Colorado at Oklahoma... can I have some of whatever you're smoking? I've got nothing against the Buffs, but...

SportsChica said...

LB, I'm thinking that Michigan will do their yearly "choke". Plus, isn't their wide receiver Manningham still banged up from his knee surgery?

Anonymous said...

Well Chica - UM recently sh*ts the bed against OSU. From 2001 and on, UM has only won 1 of the last 5. Manningham looks like he's out, but Arrington (yes, he's from Cedar Rapids, IA. WHAT?!?!?) is out there doing fine. Iowa is playing that er, frustrating to watch bend, don't break defense, and DBs give what seems like a 10 yard cushion (as if they can keep up anyhoo) with no pass rush to speak of. If Iowa brings their "A Game" it might be close. But, the curse of ABC persists. Whenever my beloved Hawkeyes play on ABC, they are usually in the background (grasping at air) on the other teams' highlights. Damn, I sound crazy.

I'm looking forward to the GA Tech game, that seems like a fun one.

It also looks like the Packers may just be what your Dolphins are looking for. Lord, I hope for Favre's legacy sake he hangs it up after the season.