10.16.2006

Weekend Observations
First off, la Sportschica would like to toot her own horn; each one of my picks turned out to be right! Even the Colorado Buffalo pick was dead on. Gotta love it!

As the biggest Miami Hurricane fan ever, la Chica is embarrassed after Saturday night's Orange Bowl brawl with FIU. Here's the thing, I'm going to sound like a child for one second: they started it! FIU is not a football school, their players are typically guys who could not get into any of the top 3 Florida football schools and that's okay but don't take your bitterness out by starting fights on the field.

That said, even though these jackasses came into the Orange Bowl and started a mess, it's no reason for UM players to behave and react the way they did. Miami is not "that program" anymore. UM fans want the swagger back but not that kind. That's all la Chica is going to say on the subject.

The first BCS standings came out yesterday, here's the top 5:
1) Ohio State .973
2) USC .955
3) Michigan .934
4) Auburn .747
5) West Virginia .744

Wow, that's a huge percentage difference between the top 3 and 4 and 5. It's still early though, peeps and anything can happen. USC will lose a game and Ohio St and Michigan play each other so one of them must fall.

I know most of you watch College Gameday each week and if you don't, then you're not really a college football fan, are you? For those of you who have been watching the show, how many freaking times do we have to hear about Adrian Peterson's dad??? Ugh!

What about the Wisconsin band not being able to attend their team's game this past weekend? The reason: the band is on probation for "bad behavior" while on the road. I just want to know what kind of antics can band geeks get into? Am I the only one who thinks that's hysterical?

Desmond Howard gave his top 5 at mid-season on Saturday and while I really don't care about his input, I did notice that he's got Cal at number 5 but he doesn't have Tennessee in his top 5. I guess Desmond forgot the beat down that the Volunteers put on the Golden Bears. 3 words: West Coast Bias! That's annoying to la Chica.

Finally, this is not completely sports related but what the hell is wrong with Doug Flutie's hair? Can someone please let Doug know that 1984 is over?!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny Chica!

Look for the new Flutie Hair Dye on store shelves near you. All procedes go to helping Autistic children (read: Retarded)

Looks like you won't have to hear about AP's dad ever again. And tell me why I should care that about him? So you are a drug money launderer and you went to jail. Too F-'n bad.

Dear Adrian.... your dad is a huge loooooooser, but then again you knew that already.

UGA is officially horrible. Losing to Vandy makes you awful in the official sense! I hope UGA goes and gets to play Miami in the Doug Flutie Hair Die bowl. Oh but that won't happen either since UM will decline a bowl bid due to the fight (in my opinion).

Anonymous said...

My Boss asked me earlier today if I had already gone through the 5 stages of grief/loss recovery after the UGA/Vandy game. I arrived at the last stage - ACCEPTANCE - just a few minutes ago.

This is the first time since Mark Richt's tenure began in 2001 that UGA fell out of the AP Top 25. They now wait for Miss State next week and will play them without Thomas Brown, Martrez Milner and Brandon Couto - all starters and all out with injuries. I don't even want to think about what's coming after that.

I would like to congratulate Bobby Johnson on a well earned and well coached victory and to applaud his Commodores as the better team on Saturday.

SportsChica said...

Neal,
Miami does not deserve to go to a bowl this year, in my opinion. The only good thing about this year is next year! Next year's season can only be better than this horrible year!

Finish the Drill,
It's a bad feeling being unranked, isn't it?!

Anonymous said...

All my favorite posters on one page. Wait-Brady Quinn where are you?

Anyway, UGA looks awful. Joe T probably wouldn't be the starting qb on most high school teams. Sorry la Sportschica but several Canes look like better boxers than what is the current football team. I think UGA and Miami should play in a bowl=The Rotten Fruit Bowl. No one would score so it would be a fight to the finish.

Well at least Fla lost....

Anonymous said...

OOps forgot-Doug go to Cost Cutters and tame that mess of hair. U are channeling the lead singer of a Flock of Seagulls

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... I love to hear mangy leg-humpers lament over a huge, upsetting LOSS... Yes diva, FL lost, but they lost to the previous week's # 2 in the nation, not lowly Vandy!

Now is when the UGA fans will show their true colors... This is also when they all get very bitter and disgruntled. I LOVE IT!!!

The way a Gator likes a Dawg: QUIET!

Anonymous said...

I almost puked when Chris Fowler, practically weaping for poor Adrian's father said his father "was to be a great basketball player at OU before [get this] fate and fatherhood took him in a different direction." Yeah, yeah, fate and fatherhood, as if it wasn't his fault, as if he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and was unlucky. Just once I'd like these talking heads to tell the truth and say something like, "The loser deserted his wife and kids to launder drug money. He spend eight years in jail and his family was better off without his sorry ass." Geez, enough already.

Forget Doug Flutie's hair. He's a pompous little loser even with a good haircut.

Sportschica, any chance Butch will return to revive the Canes program?

SportsChica said...

Trigeek,
For once, you and I agree on a few things: I'm getting a little sick of ESPN myself! Geez, I can safely say, I don't give a GD about the majority of their stories and their opinions. Rece Davis, Lou Holtz and Mark May went on and on about the Hurricanes.

I agree the fight was stupid and inexcusable, but did the Great Lisp forget about his final game at South Carolina? Remember that fight? Here it is: http://youtube.com/watch?v=omHv-UWbfe8

And speaking of Mark May, I can't stand his stupid ass. Between him and Holtz, I can't understand a damn thing they say!

Anonymous said...

Aww anon, you see I readily admit Vandy won fair and square. And UGA will lose to UF like they do pretty much every year. But what is wrong with that Tebow dude? He is always bouncing around like he has Tourettes and its freaky.......

Anonymous said...

I will tell you what is wrong with that Tebow dude....

HOMESCHOOLED

His Mom has made sure that he has good Christian values and will remain a virgin for life. Unless he gets to stay in the dorms after football season. If he does stay in the dorms after football season he will be sure to get the herpes......I'm just sayin

Anonymous said...

Sportschica, I'm hurt. Are you going to unjustly hold that '03 Fiesta Bowl thing against me forever? And even when I consistently pull for the Canes? Can't we all just get along?