10.05.2006

Picks and Opinions
Let's just get right to it, shall we?

#17 Florida State vs NC State
This is a battle of coaches I like to make fun of, one has won a couple of national titles and has had a storied career at his respective program. The other hasn't done shit but is still around. That cracks la Sportschica up! I'm talking about NC State coach Chuck Amato, of course. Poor Wolfpack fans, I'm so glad I'm not one of them. I'll go with FSU over NC State.

#15 Clemson vs Wake Forest
Given that the Demon Deacons are 5-0, I think they're worthy of appearing on my picks. I haven't seen them play though so I don't know what to expect. I've seen Clemson play, however, and they look pretty good. So, sadly, I'm going with Clemson over Wake.

#9 LSU vs #5 Florida
Oh, here we go! This will be the toughest defense that the Gators have seen so far this year, in my opinion. Yes it's in the swamp, yes the Gators are ranked higher than the Tigers but NO, I'm not picking Florida to win. I'm going with LSU barely beating the Gators at home. Oh, sssnnnaaap!

#7 Texas vs #14 Oklahoma
This is my weekly "who cares" game but it's a big rivalry so it's in here. I'm going to go with Texas here.

#13 Tennessee vs #10 Georgia
The fact that Georgia has looked like a slightly better version of Miami (that's not good, btw) thus far makes me think that Tennessee is going to beat up on the Dawgs. Georgia has struggled against less than mediocre teams so the Volunteers win in Athens.

#11 Oregon vs #16 California
For the 3% of people who care about PAC 10 football, here you go. I'm going to go with Oregon on the road. C-R-A-Z-Y.

8 comments:

Web-Bon said...

Wow!! excellent site

tavox

Doug E said...

Sporty chica I hate to be contrarty but UF beats LSU by 1 point.
Similar to what we saw against UT.
More or Les Miles will certainly need more out of his players like JaMarcus Russell than he got last time they were in the Swamp. Yes I know they beat us but it was Les than a steller performance.
If we do indeed win it will be a verifcation of the Urbanization villification. The Urbanator needs this one to show everyone he can hang with the SEC.

Anonymous said...

Please lord satan don't let use loose that bad to UT!!!!

Please lord satan let UF loose really bad to LSU

Doug E said...

Neal
I can tell you really know how to make friends and influence people.
But it's going to take a little bit more than really pathetic begging to the underworld to influence the outcome of the game. Maybe if you sacrificed yourself on the alter of fire your wishes might come true, give it a shot.

Anonymous said...

Well Doug I used to pry to god but he never answered just like the tooth fairy never left me that damn quarter.

So I am going to give ol'Beelezub a try this week and see if he can pull some strings for me.

I tried the alter of fire thing but they won't let me into The Swamp to do my ritual.

Anonymous said...

Neal is the double LOSER BOY this weekend. His sorry leg humpers were embarassed, and FL KO'd LSU. Sweet!!

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug, can you believe Neal sold what's left of his soul for nothin'!

Anonymous said...

Oh devo! No self respecting player calls himself Timmy.

And I knew uga was gonna lose to tenn. T-3 stood for Turnovers by Joe T-in Uga territory no less. Yeah and our punter sucks too.

SportsChica said...

Here's the thing kids, everyone knew UGA was not going to be a top 5 team this year. They've got a QB situation. If I were Richt, I would start one of the freshmen going forward, why not?

And to my Gator friends, please don't get too cocky yet, you've still got a long way to go. I will say this, congratulations on a great victory. LSU was frazzled.