10.12.2006

Picks and Opinions
Well, it's another slow weekend my little freaks. There's only one game that la Sportschica is excited about this weekend. Let's press on shall we:

#22 Virginia Tech vs Boston College
Don't you just love Thursday night football?! This should turn out to be a fun little game. Hmmm, I think I'm going to go with BC at home. No, I'll take Va Tech on the road. This is a toss up as far as I'm concerned but with Coach Frank Beamer suddenly suspending his players when they misbehave, it puts VT at a slight disadvantage. Scratch the former, I'll go with BC again. Sheesh.

Wake Forest vs NC State
Okay, I know neither team is ranked but NC State keeps providing us with exciting finishes and surprising victories. However, I'm picking Wake to go into Raleigh, beat Chuck Amato's team and stuff his red sneakers down his squeaky little throat!

#4 Michigan vs Penn St
The only reason this game is part of my picks this week is for my lone Wolverines friend, Heather. Here you go girl! I may be wrong but I think Michigan wins big at Penn St.

Texas Tech vs Colorado
Again, another unranked battle but I'm secretly pulling for Colorado to win a game. Come on now, Buffs! This is probably going to add to my loss column but I gotta think Colorado pulls it off at home. Please.

#2 Florida vs #11 Auburn
This is the only game I'm excited about this week. I hope it doesn't disappoint. Auburn ruined it for everyone by losing last week to Arkansas as it would have been a better matchup if both these teams were undefeated going into this game. Thanks a lot Tigers, uh I mean Plainsmen, uh.....War Eagle. Sorry, I know that's an old joke but it's still funny to la Chica.

Alrighty, here's the thing, I don't know who to pick here. Florida is playing good football but Auburn should be good and pissed after last week's debacle to Arkansas. I'm probably gonna get my Cuban ass kicked around for this but I'm going to pick Auburn at home. You just have to figure that if they're as good as people say they are, they will step it up at home and beat the Gators, right? See, this one is tough to pick because they're so evenly matched. La Sportschica picks Auburn....I think.

4 comments:

Doug E said...

SpotsChica nice picks however...I'll just say this we're going into this game against Auburn with the momentum of a 6'-3" 229lb QB running over an LSU defensive line.

Sure Auburn's pissed about losing to Arkansas (I would be too) but they are going to have to spend some of this week assessing what went worng, and that may hurt them. It's as if they've been stopped in the middle of a race and now have to restart, while we are still running.

It's going to be up to offensive coordinator Al Borges (by the way when the commentators say his name it sounds like Albor Ges, maybe it's just me)to get the Cox-Irons combo back into their groove.
I know an Auburn grad who says he isn't even going to watch the game becuase he thinks it will be too painful. What's up with that attitude yo?

Watch for 0-fer Chris Hetland to start kicking between the uprights then the Gators will be running on all eight cylinders.

SportsChica said...

Hmmm, based on the 2 comments above, can I change my pick???

Anonymous said...

Doug E - 1997 called and they want their "yo" back. Oh right Florida fan.

Having said that I say that UF is going to roll over the Tigers on Saturday. I said the same thing DougE said about Auburn. They are on a sinking ship and will loose all momentum. They had their mouths all watered up for an undefeted season and now they might as well just not play the rest of the games. (see AU grads attitude)

And no, MClass you can't change your pics!

Anonymous said...

Well la sporstchica I too was on the fence regarding UF vs Auburn. Part of me thinks the Gators are the real deal and this is their final challenge of the season. And part of me says the War Eagles took some Nyquil before last week's game and thought they were gonna Hog tie Mustain and company. However, part of me thinks they will be mad and Tommy Tuberville feels like a raging moron for saying he didn't feel like his team was being taken seriously by the pollsters and has been punishing the players in practice this week. All in all , I have a lot of parts..That being said-

UF has the qb advantage but auburn losing 2 at home? MMMM. Well they did lose to GT two years in a row. I am going with the War Eagles to knock the smirk off Urban's face. Can someone key up "Eye Of the Tiger" for me:)