10.06.2006

Question of the Day
Why is Louisiana Tech in the WAC? That's the Western Athletic Conference to those of you freaks who don't know. Last I checked, Louisiana was not out West.

Here are the other schools in the WAC:
Boise State
Idaho
Fresno State
San Jose State
New Mexico State
Nevada
Hawaii
Utah State

These schools make sense being in the WAC but LA Tech??!! Is anyone else troubled by this?

I have another question for today: Where was the Florida State band during last night's game against NC State? And why was there some random band playing in their place?

I've got a lot of questions!

3 comments:

mcescher said...

Off the bat, I must bag you. You say that you know the definition of the "Infield Fly Out Rule" when in reality it is the "Infield Fly Rule". Granted the batter is automatically out, but it is not proper nomenclature to put the word "Out" in the phrase. But I digress, The band playing last night at the FSU game was supposedly 200+ strong and one would think louder than their usual suck-ass band and thusly more intimidating, but who knows, you may have a point, bad karma? Does the band make a difference like in that classic Michigan game?

Anonymous said...

Know you missed me Sportschica, but i agreed completely with your correct pick that UGA (although much cuter than Smokey) would suck severely. T-3 has earned his name for those 3 great turnovers. As we all know, if you are going to turn the ball over don't be a complete leg humper and turn it over on your own 20. I am still hearing Rocky Top when i usually have the Barney songs stuck in my head. And here is a great question for your next blog-why does UGA get all of their punts blocked (in the endzone no less)?

Anyway I am back. :)

SportsChica said...

Mcescher,thanks for the "nomenclature, blah, blah, blah". Regardless, I know what the rule means. I will update the blog though so thanks. However, in my humble opinion, if the batter is out then why is it so wrong to call it the Infield Fly OUT Rule? I can't get too much crap for that b/c I've been hearing a lot of sports people call it that for years.

Dawgdiva,
Glad to have you back! Sorry about your team but the possible upside for you is that UT is a good team. You lost to a formidable opponent. Not a lot of teams could have stopped that offense.