9.05.2006

Why Must There Be People On Stilts?
The first weekend of college football has come and gone. If you were like me you were feasting on football all weekend and it was grand. Of course, there's always going to be things that just annoy the $%#! out of me while watching games. Let's just call these items:

"The $%#! That Pissed Me Off"

Number 5: Why do car dealerships insist on commercials involving people on stilts? Do they think that I, as a consumer, will be sitting at home watching my game and suddenly decide to purchase a car because of the circus atmosphere? People on stilts have scared me since I first saw them at the circus when I was 10; things have not changed. They're freaks!

Number 4: Why did Notre Dame receive a preseason number 2 ranking? Was it just me or did anyone else notice how they struggled against an unranked team Saturday night? I'm so sick of the media hype they get just because they're Notre Dame and I can't wait to see them lose this season.

Number 3: Chicks who cheer for every single play made during a game. These girls produce a shrill sound (no exaggeration) for anything and quite frankly gals, you're making the rest of us who actually know about sports look bad. Please stop!

Number 2: I got a lot of $%#! from one particular jackass last week because I said that no one really cares about college football out West. I still feel that way! By the way, did you see how Tennessee beat the crap out of California? What did I tell you?!

Number 1: For those of you who watched the FSU/Miami game last night, it appears that the Miami offense picked up right where they left off during the Peach Bowl last year. Good grief. That $%#! really pissed me off!

That's it for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As for the Miami loss, it's only one game. They're offenses didn't look like it, but what if both teams are really Top 5 material and they only looked bad because both defenses were so dominating? It may be too early to tell. Let's see how things play out. However, I wouldn't be putting any faith in Kyle Wright.

Dittos on the Irish hype. They are arrogant bastards. Why the hell is this country so in love with Notre Dumb? They've been given two BCS bids over more deserving teams. Both times, they got their asses kicked. In fact, when was the last time ND even won a bowl game? But for a lot of passive play calling by the boneheads on Tech's sideline, Tech might have beat them 28 - 10. And Brady Quinn the leading Heisman candidate? Pullllleeeease. Someone explain to me how a QB that got spanked nine months ago in a bowl game by the #2 Heisman candidate can open the season as the #1 Heisman candidate. At least we weren't subjected to the non-stop shots of his stripper wanna-be girlfriend Sat night like we were in the Fiesta Bowl.

Sorry, I have no answer on the stilts.

Anonymous said...

While on the things that Piss the #$*@ out of you, I would like to add my own.

1. Did I miss the memo on A. Agassi? Did he fight for our freedom from some unknown danger? Stop kissing his hairy greek ass, please!

2. People scared of people on stilts. I enjoy doing lots of things on stilts. Like: Mowing the grass, washing dishes, and getting to the top shelf of the grocery store. I don't need stilt racists oppressing me when I go car shopping. I am going to be driving the car with stilts on and I need to know if there is enough "leg" room. I mean it isn't as if I am a clown or anything.