9.25.2006

Weekend Observations
This was my stream of consiousness while watching football this weekend. If it sounds wacky it's because it is wacky!

What's up with all these college football players having kids while in school? I know that happens from time to time and it's a part of life, but it seems like a lot of these young players are already family men. While watching the Colorado/Georgia game, I was shocked to hear that one player has 4 kids!!! What's even more interesting to me is that it's usually a kid from Louisiana or Utah. I can understand the Utah one ("Mormon Factor").

Speaking of Colorado, they killed themselves with penalties Saturday. They had so many chances to put Georgia away but didn't. It's amazing the differences between a good team and one that truly sucks! The Buffaloes being the sucky ones.

Somebody needs to give ESPN commentator Sean McDonough some much needed shots of espresso before and during the football game. His excitement level for football is equal to my level of excitement right before a gyno appointment. Wake up Sean, you've got a cool job!

Ah, the power of advertising. The marketing peeps at Ruby Tuesday are brilliant. I found myself desperately craving those Ruby Minis all day Saturday. It took all the energy in my body to NOT make a b-line for the nearest Ruby Tuesdays, seriously. Damn, now I want them again.

Why does Jim Tressel (Ohio State head coach) still wear a sweater vest? Did we not learn anything from Chandler on Friends?

I don't know what this is called but while watching a game on CBS, I noticed that they now have a lot of additional information on the screen while the game is being played. The area in the top right-hand corner that shows the team names, score and downs is HUGE. It takes up almost the entire screen. In addition, they have also added a ticker at the bottom with a big ole eye (the CBS logo). It's freaky and I want it gone.

Kudos to Troy University for playing the big football schools. Troy is trying to become one of these big programs and they're doing what they have to in order to get that done. That's how the FSUs and Miami's of the world did it back in the day.

What about Rutgers??!! They are ranked this week for the first time in decades, well I don't really know if it's been decades but I certainly can't remember the last time Rutgers was ranked and I'm old.

And lastly, as everyone knows, the Atlanta Falcons are playing the Saints in the Superdome this evening on Monday Night Football. Now, I think it's great that the city is able to host an event in that nasty dome but I ask everyone going to or playing in the game to watch out for random feces that may have not been picked up. I'm just saying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sportschica, now I'm craving the Ruby Minis! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Actually its those TGIF commercials that are making me salivate. The fried macaroni and cheese and green beans look so good I want to cry.

And Sportschica I had a moment of feeling old as well when I realized Lee Tiffin was Van Tiffin's son. I remember watching his dad kick for Bama. Ahhhhh!!!!!!