9.20.2006

Back

This has been a busy week for la Sportschica plus the events of this past Saturday put a damper on my football posts. Fret not fellow football freaks and stay tuned for my picks and lots of opinions coming up.

Off topic: Does anybody watch The Biggest Loser on NBC? God bless reality tv.

Okay, if you're a non-Hurricane fan please look away but I must address the "Miami Issue" prompted from this past weekend's horrible loss.

As you can imagine, everything's a buzz down in Coral Gables and the natives are begging for a change in coaching. I don't think it's going to happen until the end of the season so, we have another 3 months of bad football. Things may turn around but I seriously doubt it.

According to a babillion articles in the Miami Herald this week and from Omar Kelly's blog on the Sun Sentinel site, if the Canes do not make the ACC championship game, Coker will be gone. Duh!

Most of us know the Canes are not going to win the ACC so we look forward to the change. I know I do!!!

Here's a good little read on what some peeps are saying in Coral Gables this week regarding the coaching problem at UM: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/15561363.htm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sportschica,

I just saw Larry Coker's CAREER record on ESPN... 53-9.

Get off of his a$$!

I will give you and the Herald a new name:
Spoiled Rotten Tropical Depression Fans

Get a grip ya'll, and get off of your high horses.

Anonymous said...

WORD.

Anonymous said...

Obviously, these posters don't understand the expectations at Miami. 1-2 in September is unacceptable and if you don't get that; we don't care.

UM has been on a steady decline for the past 3 years. Recruiting is not getting better so it's only going to get worse unless changes are made.

As a Miami alumni, I don't accept that. There's a reason Miami has 5 national championships in such a short amount of time. Word?