9.28.2006

Picks and Opinions
Can you believe we are already in Week 5 of the college football season?! Why is it that college football season goes so quickly and the NBA lasts almost all year long....it's not fair. I'll stop whinning now.

Before I go on to the picks, I must warn you that this week leaves a lot to be desired in the way of great matchups. Regardless, here we go:

#2 Auburn vs South Carolina
Does anybody else think it's strange that this game is being played on a Thursday night? When was the last time Auburn played on a Thursday? Am I the only one perplexed by this?

I've touched on this before but it is hilarious to me how my SEC friends freak out about playing Steve Spurrier's 'Cocks (insert joke here). People, this Carolina team sucks! Auburn is going to win big in Columbia this evening.

#24 Georgia Tech vs #11 Virginia Tech
Here is a quote from an article on ESPN.com yesterday regarding two Va Tech players. Can you tell me the 2 things wrong with the write up below:

"Ellis and Morgan were suspended by coach Frank Beamer on Monday after both players were arrested early Sunday morning following an altercation outside a downtown nightclub in Blacksburg, Va."

1) Frank Beamer actually suspended 2 players before a game. And....
2) There's a nightclub in Blacksburg, VA???

Okay, I'll stop now. I'm going to get a little crazy here and pick Ga Tech to win in Blacksburg.

#1 Ohio St vs #13 Iowa
I'm not a fan of the Big 10 but I must say that this game interests me because I think Iowa will give the Buckeyes a hard time. Iowa has a good little team this year with a great quarterback and the game is in Iowa City. Given these factors, plus the fact that I'm a little crazy today, I'm going to pick the Hawkeyes to upset the Buckeyes (what's the deal with the Midwest and the "eyes"?).

#10 Georgia vs Ole Miss
This game doesn't really interests me because I think UGA is going to kill Ole Miss but I have a friend who is a huge Rebels fan and I haven't talked about his team this season. Sorry Pete, but I think the Bulldogs are going to win.

Houston vs Miami
I told you guys it was slim pickings this week. Here's a battle of unranked teams (insert picture of la Sportschica crying here) but I had to include it because one of them is my team and it's a slow week. For you Miami haters, Houston may win this game! However, I'm going to go with Miami, they have GOT to win this game to save face. Ugh, it's going to be a long Hurricane season.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sportschica, you really think GT is going to roll into Blacksburg and beat VT?? You're crazy!

Tu eres loca, chica!

Anonymous said...

You never know with GT. They beat the teams everyone expects them to and lose to the gimmies. That being said-who know what will happen in Blacksburg? if Reggie Ball can throw the ball to the guys in the GT uniforms they could definitely pull off the upset.

And well UGA better beat a very hapless Ole Miss team who has had a difficult time putting up more than 3 points per game. Of course UGA's offense hasn't exactly been stellar. But props to Joe Cox and Martrez Miller for stopping the potential Buffalo stampede.In the words of adorable UGA-Dawgs Rule/Rebels Drool (definitely true in the Eli era)

OSU and Miami will emerge victorious. Although Houston U might give those Houston Texas a game:)

Doug E said...

Sporty Chica I'm going out on a limib and predicting Florida over Bama this Saturday in the Swamp. Payback for last year, expect to see some Urban sprawl pushing back the tide. Leak's in his comfort zone w/ completions at 64% Also we've got Tebow, remember he looked at going to bama and chose the Mighty Gators intead. Good choice.

Anonymous said...

Great call ATLCANE and SportsChica! You were right on with the AUB/SC pick!

Auburn wins - NOT SO BIG.

Do you all really think into these, or do you just talk out of your arses?

Maybe you can't think straight because your team sucks so bad this year.

Good luck with a Conf. USA 4-0 team... The U thought they were picking another lay-up to put onto their WEAK WEAK schedule. HA!

SportsChica said...

Yeah, Miami has a really weak schedule. Let's see: FSU the first game of the year and #8 Louisville the 3rd game. Miami plays 5 top 25 teams this season, what do you have? Yes, I admit my team sucks this year but you can't call their schedule weak. Who's your team?

Oh right, you make your jacked up comments as anonymous. Coward.

Anonymous said...

For you gamblers out there, OSU is 4 - 0 ATS this year. I look for Troy Smith to rebound from a lackluster game last week and the OSU D to bring the house against hot head Drew Tate and cover. I'll be happy with a SU win, though.

Anonymous said...

SportsChica: OK, so FSU was the 2005 (8-5!) ACC champ: Tells ya something right there. An 8-5 Champ?!?

The FSU/MIA game was a joke to watch! Comedy of errors if you will... and ya LOST. Maybe the A-Noles were ranked due to their own schedule ahead... Rice? Troy? and the rest of those tough ACC boys Duke and Wake... Now that's daggum WEAKNESS epitomized.

Big East Louisville was your only justly ranked opponent... and ya LOST. BAD. What was that score again? YYYOUCH!

So after u loses to Houston, They have to play NC, FL INT (HA!), and Duke - The BCS will laugh at the lowest case "u".

My team? It's great to be a FLORIDA GATOR!! With a challenging schedule!! AL-LSU-AUB-GA in a row? Now we are talking some real college football. SEC is where it's at. You know it, so don't even try to rebut.

Anonymous said...

As you know, I bleed black and gold, and it's something you're born with and that's all there is to it. I think it's nice that you picked the Hawks - I sure wish you had been right!

SportsChica said...

Vlad the Gator, here's all I have to say to you:

Miami: 5 National Championships
Florida: 1.....YYYOUCH!

Don't be so arrognant about your program, you've not done shit in years!