9.14.2006

Picks and Opinions
This is a huge Saturday, there are 7 games that are more than worthy of mention! Let's just get to it.

#11 Michigan vs #2 Notre Dame
I think both these teams are overrated and I don't think Michigan will go into South Bend and beat the Irish so I'm, reluctantly, picking Notre Dame.

#6 LSU vs #3 Auburn
Tiger tumble. Home field advantage is such a huge deal in college football; if this game was not being played in Auburn, I would go with LSU. I think Auburn is going to take care of the Bayou Bengals, especially at home. P.S. Sorry to the nice guys I recently met from LSU, you guys were cool!

#17 Miami vs #12 Louisville
One could argue that this is going to be a high scoring game but it depends on which Hurricane offense shows up. Miami's defense is stellar but it can only do so much, if the offense does not do its part it will be a long day for the Canes (and me!). I still cannot get that FSU game out of my head and I know I'm going to get smack from my fellow "caniacs" but I'm picking Louisville. I just don't see Miami's offense stepping up. Prove me wrong Canes!

#15 Oklahoma vs #18 Oregon
There's always one game I really don't care about and this is it. However, it may surprise me and turn out to be a fun little game. I'm actually going with the PAC 10 and picking Oregon to win!

Clemson vs #9 Florida State
It's too bad that Clemson lost a close one last week to BC, it caused them to fall out of the top 25. Regardless, this game will be closer than people think. Florida State's offense leaves a lot to be desired as well but I think they have enough to beat the Tigers. Also, FSU has a great defense so...they win at home.

#19 Nebraska vs #4 USC
Um, I'm just going to go ahead and pick USC.

#7 Florida vs #13 Tennessee
Two weeks ago, I would have been all over this game. Sadly, Tennessee lost 2 key defensive starters (a defensive lineman and cornerback) last week so that changes things. Ouch! Even though it's in Rocky Top, I'm going with the Gators on this one.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that all you Miami fans would want FSU to do the best they can so that "your" team looks like they lost to a winner.

Just a thought.

Let me tell you why I love and hate football. I get all invested in my team and they always loose but by the time they loose I have invested umpteen weekends watching them....GRRR

Anonymous said...

Sportschica, you went against your team...WTF???

Anonymous said...

Anonymous, she is pronosticating with her brain, and not her heart. She has a genuine, ligit concern here... Miami looks mediocre this year, and Louisville looks pretty darn good. She lived through last year's upsets, and she is mentally preparing herself by picking the better (so far this season) team. Shake out week... gotta love it.

Miami looks (compared to '04 and back a ways) WEAK this year, just deal with it Cane-Freaks!!