9.06.2006

US Open
I received a question the other day on whether I was going to talk about the US Open on la SportsChica, so here goes. The US Open is my favorite Grand Slam tournament and I always watch it.....but not this year.

Well, actually, I watched the Andre Agassi matches and that's about it! I'm completely disenchanted with tennis right now. The players bore me to tears.

Don't get me wrong, Roger Federer is an amazing player but man is he a snore. And you know he's going to win it all, again. God bless Andy Roddick but I don't see him pulling it off and beating Federer in this tournament (I hope I'm wrong on this one).

And then there's Serena Williams. She is so busy being a model (rrrrright), a clothes designer, an actress, a rapper, etc. that she's lost her tennis luster. She needs to pick a career. You cannot be a part-time tennis player and win the big tourneys.

I'm going to miss Andre Agassi though, he was the Jimmy Connors of my time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unlike you, I have been watching it this year as I always do. Agassi WAS great and I enjoyed watching him run his opponent to death but that was at least 4 years ago.

ARod will never be the great white hero that the media tries to make him. His serve is fast but he has trouble seeing the returns being that he has a severe case of La Cross Eye.

Now a thought on James Blake.....Dude you got one big ass..That's all I got on him.

The real drama would have been a repeat of the Wimbledon final with Federa and Nadal but Nadal got beat so no mens drama this year. You are right Federa is going to win, AGAIN...

What I am going to take great joy out of watching is our favorate french Lesbo beating the snott out of the girl of the moment Sharapova. And BTW she aint that attractive IMO

And who are you trying to fool, Jimmy Conners is the Jimmy Conners of your era...LOL

Anonymous said...

zzzing!