9.08.2006

What Else Is There To Talk About?
I was going to take a break from blogging today when my smartass friend, Neal, said "why, you can talk about something besides football". What Neal does not understand is that for me, at this time of the year, I really can't think of much else to talk about.

It's been a rough week for me and MY football. Let's recap, shall we?

Monday: I was so excited, finally the 'Canes season opener against the much hated FSU Seminoles. I knew in my heart that this game was going to make me sad but things looked good in the 2nd quarter for Miami. And then the $%#! hit the fan. We all know the rest of the story.

Tuesday: I moped around the house, watched a little tv and even managed to do my workout. I received only one phone call all day; even my parents didn't try to reach me. My friend Mia called to see "how I was doing after the loss". It finally hits me: life is not that bad. It's just a game SportsChica.

Wednesday: Things are looking up. The new episode of Project Runway is sure to take my mind off my sucky team and it did. Life is good.

Thursday: Dinner with a friend at Houston's. Yes it's a chain but by God, I love it! After dinner we decide to watch some of the Dolphins game at a local hangout. You know the rest. My other Miami team got their ass kicked too....on national television, again! Oh, and now I owe another friend of mine a 12-pack of his nasty beer (damn you, Blackie!).

Am I being punished?




No comments: