9.17.2006

Doom, Despair and Agony On Me...
Who would have thought that years later a Hee Haw song would sum up the sentiments of la SportsChica. This Sunday morning blog is intended for Cane fans. It may not make much sense because it's my stream of consciousness after another loss.

There's something rotten in the state of Miami football; if you've read Hamlet then you understand what I mean. Simply put, something is very wrong with the Miami football program.

And I'm not taking anything away from the Louisville team because they beat Miami up and down that field on both sides of the ball. There were no bad calls and no excuses. The Canes were bent over and.........point made.

It's bad enough watching your team lose like that on national television on a day that truly separated the good teams from the bad; it's excruciatingly worse to watch it happen twice in one year (see Peach Bowl).

It is time for Larry Coker to go. If it were up to me, it would happen today. Critics can say it's not fair, he led the team to a national championship 5 years ago and almost a second one the following year but those things do not matter in Hurricane nation. The facts are: recruiting has slipped considerably, there's no passion and there's certainly no swagger!!!

A team is a reflection of its head coach and right now this team sucks. Again, my apologies but I'm mad as hell. Losing a close game is one thing but it's quite another to get your ass kicked on national television, AGAIN.

And I know it's just a game but as a devoted Hurricane fan and contributor, I've earned my right to bitch. It's time for a drastic change in Coral Gables.

No comments: