9.15.2006

Somebody Please Tell Me, What Kind of S_ _ _ Is This?
......(snicker, snicker). This is going to be a new segment about inexplicable items plus it makes me laugh each time I think or say the phrase out loud. Here we go.

Did anybody watch the Maryland/West Virginia game last night? All I could say was "wow". Steve Slaton and Pat White were unstoppable. Who cares if they can't pass the ball, they don't need to. I would really love to see WV play a prepared, quick and big defense though but their schedule is laughable with Louisville as their only ranked opponent. And we really don't know how good Louisville is. Well, until tomorrow afternoon when they face Miami. I think Steve Slaton might be faster than Reggie Bush!

Speaking of Bush (insert joke here), looks like he's in trouble again...allegedly. Here's the article: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2588347. Isn't this the second investigation on him? Here's my thing, I think student athletes should get paid to a degree, but if no one else can benefit from it at the moment, revoke his Heisman and sanction USC. I'm just saying.

Speaking of USC, why is College Gameday doing their broadcast from Los Angeles this Saturday? USC is playing #19 Nebraska, people! It would be different if Nebraska were ranked higher but they're not and if ESPN thinks it might be a close game, then I want some of the drugs they're doing. I need them this week!

There are 6 other games this weekend more important than that one. Not to mention, last night during the game, Kirk Herbstreit and Chris Fowler were all but begging for fans to come out and support Gameday. Do you think they would have to do that if the show was being broadcast from, oh I don't know: Knoxville, TN, Auburn, AL or Louisville, KY??!! Geez, once again ESPN disappoints.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I call the Vols having a very tough time with the Gators...but still Vols by 3pts. But Fulmer's job doesn't depend on this game; like Larry Coker's job does on the UM/Louisville game. So, everybody watch them Canes come out at 3:30pm on ABC. If they don't, the Canes are F____ed. Also, watch out for Tyrone Moss in his first big game since last season...he might explode for a big game.

TN Col. Joe Baxter