9.27.2006

Notre Damn

I hate to devote an entire blog to Notre Dame but damnit, I'm gonna have to. Notre Dame got their asses handed to them on great big communion platters a week and a half ago by Michigan. Suddenly, no one was talking about them to win the national championship or Brady Quinn for Heisman. Rightfully so, I might add.

This past Saturday, Notre Dame comes back from behind and beats an UNRANKED Michigan State team. Let me repeat that, an UNRANKED Michigan State team. Thus begins the media hype again.

You might be questioning my motives for this anti-Notre Dame blog or you might not care. I just want to know this, what is the love affair with Notre Dame and the media?

Is it the catholic thing? Is it the Lou Holtz thing? Because let me just say for the record, it's rumored that Lou Holtz sold his soul to the devil to escape sanctions so do not bring God into this. He has washed his hands of him too!

I talk to a lot of people while out and about and the majority of the peeps I meet hate Notre Dame as well so.....I'm baffled. Is there someone out there that can help me understand this?

By the way, in case you haven't figured it out, la Sportschica HATES Notre Dame! It goes all the way back to the 1980s when Miami had a huge rivalry with them. Those games were classics but, sadly, ND chose to stop playing Miami (again, see Lou Holtz and devil pact).

Somebody please explain this to la Sportschica.

Oh and if one more person asks me if I've seen the movie Rudy, I may throw up in my mouth right there in front of God and everybody.

P.S. I will say this about Notre Dame: Brady Quinn is a fine, fine, specimen. Hey, I'm still a chica!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sportschica! Everyone says they are back in the hunt. Whatever. Whether they win or lose the media thinks they are fabulous. One word-OVERRRATED!Or is that 2?:)

On another note BQ should have something named after him at DQ he is so hot!

Anonymous said...

ND is loved by people that know nothing about football and want to say they love a team.

Oh and they love that gay hobbit kid too!

Oh and the Irish love them too because they are so piss drunk they can't see the TV to see how bad they suck. (even an early game)

Anonymous said...

It might go back to the old days when most colleges drew their players from relatively local ranks. Notre Dame at that time, being a large Catholic school, drew every Catholic in the country and could typically field a powerful team from such a large pool. The side effect of this is that national tv knew they would have a broad audience for their games. But now, I think it's just more a sign of the weird times like Bush, Iraq, rampant unexplainable violence, et al.