9.07.2006

Picks and Opinions
The regular season of the NFL kicks off tonight with the Miami Dolphins vs Pittsburgh. The Dolphins are my favorite pro team and I just pray and hope that this Miami team doesn't get humiliated on national television like my other Miami team did earlier this week. Can I please get a break? Sheesh.

I think the Dolphins have a shot. Big Ben had an appendectomy this week so....I'm going with Miami!

On to college football. It's the second weekend and there aren't that many good games this week. However, ladies and freaks, next weekend is heaven on earth for a college football fan; I can't wait! Okay, here are my picks for the games I'm interested in this week:

#19 Penn St vs #4 Notre Dame
I don't care for either of these teams. Hey, it's my blog and I can say what I want! I hope Penn St wins but I don't think they will. Notre Dame wins at home.

#12 Georgia vs South Carolina
All of my SEC friends are so scared of playing Steve Spurrier's Carolina team, it CRACKS me up! I can't say that I blame them because for as much as he failed as a pro coach, he makes up with his great college coaching. I don't like the guy but he does know how to coach the school kids.

Okay, UGA is a better team on paper than Carolina (I just can't refer to them as USC) but it is being played in Columbia and at night. Those fans are crazy over there and really don't have anything else to do so they'll be ready; however, I'm gonna go with Georgia. Sic 'em and all that other crap y'all say.

#1 Ohio St vs #2 Texas
This will be a doozy. Number 1 versus number 2 and all. I think Ohio St is the better team but the weather for Saturday night in Austin is slated to be in the 90's and we all know Texas humidity is different than anything in the Midwest. Not to mention, the crowd will really be in to it. I think it's going to be a tight game but I'm going to pick Texas. Hook 'em Horns, blah, blah, blah.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a nice style, enjoyable to read. Keep it up.. maybe someday you can quit your day job.

Anonymous said...

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/090906aaa.html

SWEETNESSSSS!!!!!

Oh, and the bonus: An Eddie George sideline interview instead of a Matthew McConaughey rant... Kept his irrelevant butt in the stands this time. Hmmm... should we interview an OSU Heisman winner, or this cool actor?

bking, thanks a lot. I coulda used my house this week. Now it's gone. Sheesh.