9.04.2007

Weekend thoughts

Hola freakitos. I would have written this yesterday but some YAHOO punk stole my cell phone from an establishment over the weekend causing me to spend almost the entire day yesterday getting a new phone. At which point, I didn't! Why do people steal? I just don't get it. To the mental defective who stole my phone: F*CK OFF!

Okay, back to sports. I'm going to go in chronological order as best I can. Hence, let's start with Thursday night's game: LSU vs Miss. St. Good God, I'm so glad I'm not a Bulldog fan. Watching their offense attempt to score was insufferable. That's really all I can say about that game. Oh, except for this, I'm going to ask again this season, where is Jill Arrington? I miss her. Erin Andrews just doesn't do it for me. I know all the fellas think she's hot but her voice is incredibly annoying. It's like chalk on a chalkboard. 'Nuff said!

Friday: Your Chica went to the Falcons game on this day. I find it amazing that people are still wearing Mike Vick jersies. Yes, he gave a "heartfelt" (insert sarcasm) apology but the guy still killed dogs. And until he does more for society, it's idiotic, imbecilic, simple-minded, etc. to wear his jersey. I'd laugh at these people but then I take pity on their underdeveloped minds.

Saturday: Ah, the day started with an early Hurricanes game and life was grand. I know this has been beaten to death but how wonderful was it to see App ST beat Michigan? We love to cheer for the underdog and this was no exception.

I said it last year and I will say it again: The media's desire to consistently rank Michigan in the pre-season top 10 or as in this year's case, top 5 still befuddles me. La Chica was so happy to see the Wolverines and Lloyd Carr go down to a Div 1-AA or subdivision team in their own house! I think it was fitting, however, I guarantee they will be ranked in the top 10 again next before the season even starts. I hope App ST's victory is a sign of things to come this season.

Speaking of overrated, how about Notre Dame? Watching them get schlackled by Georgia Tech was almost orgasmic. That is until an obnoxious GT fan started mouthing off at the establishment where I watched the game. Here's the thing Yellow Jackets, yes you beat ND but they suck so.... Why is there always at least one fan who mouths off and just embarrasses himself? I must say, I got a bad taste in my mouth from this guy's comments and then almost wanted ND to come back and beat GT. I know every team has bad fans but give me a freaking break!

FSU and Clemson battled last night and is it just me or did FSU look like the same team as last year for most of that game? I mean, I know they came out in the second half and had some offense but I was not that impressed with all the new coaching changes.

Alright sports fans, I must say goodbye for now. Stay tuned for this week's picks. There are some great games coming this weekend! Ciao for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the app st victory was a delight as michigan is overrated each yr. and the prognosticators were quick to point out they can still win the big 10 and go to a bcs game. that is lovely and all, but perhaps they should win a game first..

and where is the anonymous person who said osu was going to beat uga? what happened? right....they headed back to the cattle ranch.

and finally clemson did beat fsu. but fsu had a player by the name of mister alexander which was impressive but it reminded me of the name of a contender in the kentucky derby. clemson and fsu are the same teams each year. clemson will slip into the top 10 and then lose 2 in a row to complete nobodies. and fsu will be written off and will surprise someone at the end of the season by having a little offense.

and finally, dawg diva used no caps because, well, she didn't feel like exerting that kind of energy. sorry about your phone chica...

SportsChica said...

Diva,
What about the kid on Clemson's team who has a kid already?? It's CJ Spiller. He's only a sophomore and is already a father. Just sayin.

Anonymous said...

Michigan is always overrated Chica so it's a delight to watch them go down.

Anonymous said...

All I want to know is where is this infamous "establishment" that someone steals your phone and you get heckled by GT fans? Sounds like a classy joint!

SportsChica said...

It was a Midtown Atlanta establishment. That should say it all right now.