9.25.2007

This Guy Is a Complete Asshole

The only good thing about writing a blog for fun and not for compensation, I can say whatever the hell I want to say!

Given that, I think Mike Gundy, the Oklahoma State head coach, is a complete jackass. Here's the thing, journalists are paid to write the facts AND their opinions. Bottom line. You may not agree with a writer but there it is.

This guy totally mishandled a press conference and is pissed off because his team is not doing as well as was predicted pre-season. Someone called him on it; suck it up Coach Gundy!

Good for this journalist for standing up for herself: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-oklahomast-gundy&prov=ap&type=lgns

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://newsok.com/article/3131543/1190520501

Here's the article.

Nice way to start off by making fun of the benched QB doing something off-field.

She is an asshole too, IMO.

SportsChica said...

You know, I read the article and honestly, I don't understand the tirade.

I'm all about protecting college athletes because they're amatuers (sp?) but at the end of the day: these guys go to big time Div 1-A programs for the spotlight and guess what, this is nothing compared to the critism you'll get when you reach the pros. And for the record, no they do not get a salary but they get a free ride through college so suck it up.

And another thing, I totally agree with her comments about his mother feeding him chicken. Give me a break.

Anonymous said...

I think she was totally wrong for writing what she wrote. If he were a criminal, by all means, lash him. But, c'mon, he's a kid. If his only crime is not playing so well, just let him be in peace. What she said may be totally true, but, still, he's a kid. What possible benefit is there to printing this story? I never boo at college games. Why? Because they are kids. Just my opinion.

SportsChica said...

I still don't think it was that bad! I don't boo college kids either but I've seen worse written on those stupid college team boards by so called fans and alumni.

SportsChica said...

This is still how I feel:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tim_layden/09/26/fairgame/index.html