9.07.2007

You Guys Are Trippin'

Okay, I have received a lot of crap from some of you regarding my comments on yesterday's blog. Emails have come in accusing me of not being a friend, being mean to someone's team, etc. Don't get mad ya'll, it's a blog! If I was nice about every team, it would be REALLY boring.

Now, instead of writing this response in the comments section, I'm going to "reply to all" on this new post. Just as I suspected, the SEC folks have their panties and boxer briefs in a wad due to my post about Auburn's 8 home games. With all due respect my friends, a fact is a fact. The Tigers are playing 8 home games and the first 4 games of the season are all at home. That's unheard of; at least in my world.

I'm not debating that the SEC is not a tough conference, I'll give you that, but give a sister a break and admit that 8 home games is a bit much. And let's check out the first 4 home game opponents, shall we:

Game 1: Kansas State
Game 2: South Florida
Game 3: Miss. State
Game 4: New Mexico St

Now, I'm not trying to pick on Auburn, I actually like the Tigers. One of my best friends went there (Kristi) and I'm happy when they win; unless it affects my team, of course. Unfortunately, I must pick on them this week to prove my point.

Here's my thing, I know the ACC is weak this year and has been for a couple of years now, if not longer. Two of the big teams are down (i.e. Miami and FSU) but at least the ACC teams are scheduling some big time programs out of their conference and especially in the first month of the season. For example:

Virginia Tech at LSU
Miami at Oklahoma
Ga Tech at Notre Dame
FSU vs Alabama (this game is at a neutral site)

Now, whether or not these ACC teams beat those out of conference schools is a whole other thing. We all know GT already beat the snot out of Notre Dame and we also know Notre Dame sucks this year and is consistently overrated but let's not forget that the powers that be did select Notre Dame to go to a BCS game the last 2 years. AND, GT went up to South Bend and played in that nasty, hostile environment (because you know the majority of those ND fans are not catholic or any religion for that matter).

So, while I do agree the SEC is the tougher conference, I also feel they (not just Auburn) make up for it with 20 home games against the likes of New Mexico St, Western Kentucky, Miss. State, Vanderbilt, etc.

This is all I'm saying!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I am feeling so good right now... I must put it into words, cuz I'm trippin':

Gators: Decisive win among many upsets/disappointments today; defending their National Champ status... TEBOW IS A STUD!

Leg Humpers get EMBARRASSED AT HOME by our old buddy and ex-Gator Spurrier. Sweetness. But, will Dog Diva shut her yapper? Probably not. STAFFORD is NOT a stud.

Miami got beat like a tourist that took a wrong turn in Opa Locka!!
Sure Sooners were ranked highly, but 51-13= 38 point SHELACKING (SC Word used against her - ouch)

Bring it.

The Mighty Gator.

Anonymous said...

I love you Chica....mentioning Notre Dame as a worthy opponent? not so fast...unless the competition was who had the hottest QB last year....

SportsChica said...

Mighty Gator,
Yes, you are the defending champs and you've "womped" opponents but who have you played so far?

Diva,
Did you not read the entire post? I know ND is down and wrote that in the post; however, GT also played them last year when the gorgeous Brady Quinn was there and they were ranked.

Anonymous said...

Sssspeaking of that absolutely gorgeousss hunk of manhood, Brady Quinn, what do you ladiesss think of his hair now that he gave it a sssuper tight shave? Inquiring Midtown mindsss want to know.

My Gators have played warm-up teams like we usually do early season, and as you know, we have a very tough SEC schedule, but compared to last years, the Gators have it a little easier. I would like to see a challenging Big Ten or 12 opponent on our schedule next year if possible.

With that said, Almost-All-Knowing SC, when and how do college teams determine their next years schedule? Does the conference and/or NCAA get involved? Do 1AA's "bid" to play the 1A's, and is it solely the college's decision?

SportsChica said...

Mighty Gator,
Now, I think I know who you are.

First off, I saw Brady yesterday with his new shaved haircut and he looked hot as ever. Good grief, that is a fine looking young man.

Second, these schedules are made years in advance which is why we can't really bash anyone who schedules a team and then gets sh*t when the team sucks at the time they actually play. For example, you can't blame OU for playing Miami when they suck! Same thing for GT with ND.

I'm not completely certain of the other questions. I know that Div 1-AAs get a handsome sum of money for playing the Div 1-A programs so that would lead me to believe that they make bids for those games (the div 1-AA schools make the bid).