9.27.2007

PPPPPicks

It's the 5th week of the season, freakitos! Can you believe it? Off we go:

#5 West Virginia vs #18 South Florida: This should be a dandy. Even if you're not interested in the game, you should watch because it's in Tampa (CENTRAL Florida not SOUTH, btw) and some of those USF fans are FREAKS. Sorry to throw the all caps at you but have you guys seen some of these people? La Chica got scared during their game with Auburn. I'm going to be safe on my pick even though I think USF can upset the Mountaineers but no more edge for me. Pick: WVU

Duke vs Miami: The only reason I've got this game listed is because after Miami's grand performance last week against Texas A&M, it will be interesting to see if that was just a fluke. The Canes should destroy Duke and hopefully they will. Anything less and I will be extremely disappointed. After all, "ooops, this ain't hoops"! Pick: Miami

Mississippi St vs #16 South Carolina: I hope Sly Croom goes into Columbia and beats the mierda (look it up) out of the Gamecocks. I want this for many reasons but mainly because I'm pulling for Sly and his Bulldogs to do well this season. Oh and I hate Spurrier.....SNAP! I don't think they can do it though. Pick: SC

#6 California vs #11 Oregon: I can't believe I'm actually excited about a Pac 10 game! This should be the kind of game your Chica loves: offense, offense, offense. Pick: Oregon

Michigan St vs #9 Wisconsin: With all due respect to my lone Iowa Hawkeye friend (LB), why is Wisconsin still in the top 10 after barely beating an unranked Iowa team last week by 4 points??? Aye. The only reason I'm posting this game is because I want an answer to that question from my "commentators". Pick: Badgers (barely)

#13 Clemson vs Georgia Tech: This is about the time in the season that Clemson usually mucks it up and loses. GT has been struggling lately but the Tigers will mucky (I love this word today) it up! I'm a little apprehensive about this one but....Pick: GT

#22 Alabama vs Florida State: Good Lord, can the Noles please win this one? Anyone who knows me knows that I loathe the Seminoles but geez, I don't want Nick Satan to win! Unfortunately, FSU can't score on a hooker. Pick: Alabama

Auburn vs #4 Florida: I'll make this quick: I want the Tigers to win but they've been struggling thus far as well. Even though they were the only team to beat Florida last year, I doubt it happens this year. Pick: Florida

Ciao for now and enjoy your weekend.

PS: For those of you in the Atlanta area, check out the benefit for animals at the King and Queen buildings in Sandy Springs this Saturday: http://www.celebrateanimals.org/

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice picks...the only one I disagree with is wisconsin...they suck and have gotten lucky...double digit win for state...even though they are a box of chocolates...

FSU and Alabama is iffy...Alabama is not that good and FSU has a decent defense...if they don’t throw 5 int’s...

SportsChica said...

Brian,
I hope MSU does beat Wisconsin just because it will show that the Badgers do not deserve a top ten ranking at this juncture.

Anonymous said...

Not to tell ya how to do your part time job, but... how can you forget picking the GA - Ole Miss game? Do you think it will be a blowout?

You are going to hurt Diva's feelings. Speaking of Diva, where's our favorite smarta$$ Neal been?

SportsChica said...

Gator,
I didn't forget to pick that game; it honestly does not interest me b/c I feel the Dawgs will handle it and make it a boring game.

Ole Miss had a great showing against your team last week but they were at home and up for it. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Anonymous said...

"FSU can't score on a hooker" - Gets my vote as best blogism of the year.


Loving it, Chicalicious.

GO DAWGS!

SportsChica said...

Finish the Drill,
Thanks, you always write such nice things.

I better stop being nice now or Dawg Diva will puke again.

negneal said...

Hail yeahs i got a call out on the comments...

Warning third person ahead

Neal has been getting up early to watch the women's world cup which Neal is shocked isn't being covered here. Neal thinks Hope Solo should not have been benched since she is like hot and stuff well for a Futball player

Holla at your boy

SportsChica said...

I'm sorry; I didn't know that the women's world cup was of such interest to some of you.

I don't really care about it so....

How about this: if you guys would rather i cover the women's world cup than college football, let me know.

Anonymous said...

Dawg Diva is cold as ice...i am wiling to sacrifice..oops got off track and Chica knows that. My feelings only get hurt when peeps are meant to animals and kids. And you never know with FSU but i think several defensive peeps got in some trouble with the law and won't be present.....Go Dawgs and Boom boom shaka shaka

Anonymous said...

And Chica-what about OSU's back up trying to score some love? Is it really tha thard to hook up whne you are a QB in college?

SportsChica said...

My wireless is jacked up today so my responses are slower than usual.

Poor ole FSU, so many NCAA violations, so little time!

Anonymous said...

Hey there mammacita! Since you were wondering, Wisky is ranked so high because of their 13 game winning streak. Truth be told, I'm not wowed by them either, for exactly the same reason.

Nice pick on the USF game...

One last comment before the Saturday games commence: Good on the Orangemen taking down Louisville last week. We were in Iowa City to watch the Orange play against my babies on Sept 8, and they looked like they'd have trouble catching a bus, let alone a pass.