9.06.2007

Picks, Picks, Picks

So, last week I mentioned that there were a lot of great games this weekend, I was wrong. I think I was thinking about a couple of them and got carried away. Sorry about that but we have a lot of games to pick this week so let's start. Oh and by the by, my strategy for picks this year has been tweaked a bit; God knows my prognostication skills were put to the test last year so I've decided to predict a lot more games in the hopes of raising my average.

Oregon St vs Cincinnati - I'm only posting this game for my buddy, Doug, who went to Cincinnati and because he's a nice guy. See, La Chica is also nice! However, sorry Dougie Fresh but I think the Beavers take this one (plus, I think it's fun to say GO BEAVERS). Pick: OSU

Miami vs #5 Oklahoma - Back in the day when Miami was grand, OU couldn't beat them with a hammer (I don't know what that means, but anyway); times have changed though. In my heart of hearts, I want to pick the Canes but my head knows that OU will take this. It's in Norman and the QB situation with Miami is still up in the air. Pick: OU

#16 Nebraska vs Wake Forest - If Wake's QB wasn't injured, I would pick the Demon Deacons but he is so... Pick: Nebraska

NC State vs Boston College - This game is interesting because NC State's coach was the coach at BC last year but that's about as far as my interest goes. Pick: BC

Oregon vs Michigan - I'm only posting this because I'm still happy that Michigan lost to App ST last weekend and I want to see if they rebound. Pick: Oregon (just for shit and giggles)

South Carolina vs #11 Georgia - I'm going to be a little crazy here and go with Spurrier even though GA looked good against an overrated Okie St team. Sometimes La Chica needs to live on the edge, right? Pick: Gamecocks

#19 TCU vs #7 Texas - Ugh, I loathe the Big 12 conference. It bores me to tears but here it is. Gotta raise the average. Plus, I would love to see Texas get upset. Pick: TCU

South Florida vs #17 Auburn - Given the way Auburn played against a mediocre Kansas ST team last week, USF has a shot! Here's my thing though, why does Auburn have 8 home games? Not to mention, their first 4 games are at home! Yeah, the SEC is soooooo tough: WHATEVER. Pick: South Florida (Oh, it's fun living on the edge!)

#9 Virginia Tech vs #2 LSU - If Va Tech plays the way it did against ECU last weekend, it will be a long night for "America's Team". By the way, ESPN, can we let that go now. Last weekend, we heard enough about this, now let's just play football. I want the ACC to win but the game is in Baton Rouge and I just don't see the Hokies winning there after last Saturday's display. Pick: LSU

Ciao babies and enjoy the games!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stamford/GA Tech at Bobby Dodd? The only thing consistent about Tech is their inconsistency.

BTW, I got a kick out of the post game coverage of GT @ ND.

Usually they interview the winner. But last week it was “ND loses! Interviews and post game coverage with ND coach. What's wrong with ND? Also, Tech plays well.”

Almost as fun as watching the Yanks lose.

Anonymous said...

now now chica...i can't believe i am saying this but the SEC does hold the National Championship (yeah I am giving the Gators credit cause they deserve it)right now in foozeball, basketball, and well while we are at it UGA won the National title in gymanstics (almost an automatic), men's tennis, and golf this year as well...Back off the SEC :)I mean VA Tech of the ACC accused UGA of spying during the the Chik Fil-a Bowl. Is that even possible?

You know I love the banter...Go Dawgs!

And yes it would be funny if Michigan lost again

heather d said...

Hey, hey, hey ~ don't be a Michigan hater...what's the deal-e-o, I thought we were friends! Yes, by being a fan, you go through some ups and downs (ex...Canes), you despise a 50% quarterback in his senior year, and you can't believe you had, not 1, but 2 field goals blocked by a team that isn't even in your league. But...you still love your team, so you smile through gritted teeth and you tell the world to... BACK OFF and hate a Buckeye instead, it's MUCH more satisfying!!!! And since you hurt my feelings, I haven't seen the Canes ranked in a while. Remember, you were 7-6 last year, ouch. Love ya though!

SportsChica said...

Heather D,
Now, now, now, take it easy. You know your chops are gonna get busted!

As for the Canes, we suck! A lot depends on how bad Miami loses this weekend. If it's not by much, I will feel encouraged about the new coach.

Anyway, we're still friends and I still hate OSU a lot more!