9.19.2007

Early Picks

This week's picks are coming a day earlier because I fear my Thursday will be a hectic one. Last week, I got a little CRAZY with my edgy picks. It worked one week but not the next. Having said that, I'm going to be a bit more moderate, ala Rudy Guilliani, with my picks. Off we go:

#20 Texas A&M vs Miami - The Canes are playing on Thursday night in front of a national audience. How will this impact my boys? The way I see it, the only difference is instead of Miami losing on Saturday, they will lose 2 days earlier instead. I hate to be so harsh but let's face facts: The Canes suck! Pick: Aggies

#12 South Carolina vs #2 LSU - The quick and dirty...Pick: LSU

#21 Kentucky vs Arkansas - This game should be fun now that Kentucky has a decent team (no bandwagons up in here). I think it's a toss up but I'll go with the home team. Pick: Arkansas

#22 Georgia vs #16 Alabama - Ugh, I loathe Nick Saban. Yep, I'm a Dolphins fan: 'Nuff said about that. Anyway, I hope UGA wins but I doubt it simply because it's in Alabama. Well, that and GA kind of stunk it up against South Carolina a couple of weeks ago. Pick: Alabama

Georgia Tech vs Virginia - Even though Tashard Choice may not play...Pick: GT

#3 Florida vs Ole Miss - A friend of mine told me to add more "easy" picks so that my winning percentage goes up. Here you go. Pick: UF

#10 Penn St vs Michigan - I'm just posting this one for fun. The Nittany Lions should take care of Michigan at home....AGAIN. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the Wolverines have played all of their games thus far this season at home! I'm still dumbfounded by the scheduling of some of these teams (Auburn, Florida, etc). Given this, I'm so glad they're sucking! Go ahead, send me hate comments! Pick: Penn St

Michigan State vs Notre Dame - Again, this one is for fun because I'm so delighted that Notre Dame is winless! Pick: MSU

Marshall vs Cinncinnati - This might actually be a fun game to watch. Pick: Cincy

Ciao, sports freakitos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chica, I forgot my password so I am anonymous today. Why no love for your "beloved Canes"?

Will the Canes ever return to prominence?

SportsChica said...

I hope I'm wrong about the UM game but A&M is putting 50 plus points on their opponents. Granted, their opponents have been mediocre but at this juncture, so is Miami.

The Canes will be back. It's going to take a couple of years to fix what Coker broke with his horrible recruiting, lack of discipline and player development but it will get fixed eventually.

Anonymous said...

Is college football the ONLY sport? How about some baseball talk? Playoff contenders are taking shape!

Anonymous said...

OK, easy on the FL home schedule. I let you slide last time with a mistake saying FL plays their first 4 games at home. Wrong. 1st three. What, do you think FL should travel to Troy or Western KY?

Next, overall, FL plays 7 @ home, and 4 away. HOWEVER, let's look at what's important/fair:
SEC games:

3 HOME
5 AWAY

Thank you, and have a great day!

PS: Are you going to apologize like you did for your Auburn LOSER/USF/MS STATE friend when you called him/her out on their cushy (as usual) schedule?