9.17.2007

La Weekend

The weekend can be summed up like this: The edge is gone. My "edgy" picks stunk. Geez, the only one I got right was Kentucky beating Louisville. I guess I can't treat college football like college basketball. Lesson learned.

Thursday night I was at a local venue watching the West Virginia/Maryland game. This place also had the WNBA playoffs on (I know, right) and the question was asked: how much do these girls, and I use the term loosely, make? If anyone knows, please let me know; I'm just curious.

Speaking of Maryland, their coach, Ralph Friedgen, is going to have a heart attack during a game! I'm not trying to be funny because I like him and am truly concerned about his weight. I'm just saying.

The teams that looked good: Florida, USC, Ohio State, and Boston College

The teams that looked like ass: Auburn, Nebraska, UCLA, and Georgia Tech.

Kudos to Sylvester Croom for beating Auburn at Jordan-Hare. I must say, I wish it was another big team that he beat but I'm happy for him. Winning at Miss State is difficult so it makes La Chica chipper to see him do well.

As I stated in last week's blog, I went to the Ga Tech game Saturday night. Our tickets were awesome, your Chica was practically on the field! Having said that, I was extremely disappointed with the Ga Tech fans. Yes, there were some bad calls made against the Jackets but is that reason to throw crap onto the field? Hail NO! In addition to throwing sh*t on the field, fans were also throwing items from the upper level onto the lower levels seats. Oh and onto the streets below. Someone could have seriously been hurt by this flying debris.

I mean I expect this kind of behavior at an FSU or Alabama game but not from Tech peeps. I was disgusted. And that's all I'm going to say.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw Chica-You think the bees are classy? Everyone got rowdy after leaving their chess match and had to release some adrenaline...Were people throwing pocket protectors? Slapping each other with their respective suspenders? Blinding everyone with the fug?

I am kidding...Go Dawgs!

Anonymous said...

I like Sylvester too. I think he's done a good job with the talent level at Miss St.

What the heck happened to Auburn? At home to boot! Maybe they just had a really off day. Must have had an off day last week too. Didn't they have a great recruiting season?

Anonymous said...

oops-I forgot. I really like Sylvester Croom and props to the "other" bulldogs for winning. And that bulldog mascot is adorable too.

Anonymous said...

You are always on the go Chica! Gotta love IT!

SportsChica said...

Do you think Sylvester can turn things around at MSU? I hope so. His offense looks better than the Canes!Just sayin'!