9.13.2007

La Picks

Hiya sports freakitos. It's Thursday and we all know what that means: college football picks! There are a few pretty good games this weekend so let's get started.

#22 Tennessee vs #5 Florida - I'm in a bit of a pickle on this one. I have yet to see the Gators play so I really have no idea what they look like. Not that it would matter because they haven't played anyone in this young season so..... However, UT did not impress me against California 2 weeks ago either. Last weekend, my picks were edgy and I liked it (I liked it a lot) so I think I will continue with that mantra. Not to mention, I had an awesome pick percentage. Even though it's a home game for Florida, I'm going with Tennessee for the upset. Pick: Vols

#10 Ohio St vs Washington - This game interests me because my lone Buckeye friend thinks that his team is going to roll into Seattle and beat the pants off the Huskies. Um, I don't think so! By the by, kudos to a Big 10 team for traveling west of the Mississippi for a game. I think this is going to be a tougher game than Ohio Staters think, therefore, Pick: Washington.

Notre Dame vs Michigan - I've only included this game in the blog this week because I'm just so happy about the way these 2 teams have started off. Especially Notre Dame. I loathe them and I'm awful tired of Charlie Weiss as well. Get over yourself Pinky! I don't know where that came from sports fans, but it felt good calling Charlie Tuna "pinky". This is tough, who's going to win? Who CAN win? I'll go with the home team. Pick: Michigan

#9 Louisville vs Kentucky - Here's another game where the alumni and fan base of one school think it's going to be a cake walk. I'm talking about Louisville in this instance. I don't think it's going to be so easy for them at Kentucky. The Wildcats actually have a decent team this year; I said decent, by the way. No bandwagons on La Chica's blog! Regardless....Pick: Kentucky

#1 USC vs #14 Nebraska - Your Chica has some email friends who are either USC alums/fans or Nebraska alums and fans. And for the record, I thought SEC folks talked a lot of sh*t, well my friends, no one talks more mierda (look it up in a Spanish dictionary) than an USC fan. I cannot even begin to explain so I won't. I think this is going to be a good little game. USC has not played anyone yet and did not look that impressive against the nobodies (is this a word?) they did play. On the other hand, Nebraska almost lost to a Wake Forest team last week that was using a backup quarterback! Since I'm on the cutting edge this season, I'm going for the upset. Pick: Nebraska

#21 Boston College vs #15 Georgia Tech - First off, look for your Chica at the game this weekend. We've got excellent seats in the lower level (thanks Doug!) and I'll be the one with my top off: Just kidding! Seriously though, look for me. Okay, these are the only good teams left in the ACC this year. I'm not counting Clemson yet. Anyway, I look for this to be a good little game and....Pick: GT

Alrighty, I'm on my way to get an espresso. Enjoy the weekend. Ciaosito.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am picking the upset of Washington over OSU. I think Ty Willingham got the shaft at Notre Dame. He got booted for a guy who may not even be able to defeat the armed forces ths year. Or a buffet table for that matter:) I say go Huskies, (and the mascot is adorable as dawg diva loooves huskies)

Right now, Michigan and Notre Dame remind me of Britney Spears. Sad and kind of pathetic. Personally, I hope both teams "Gimme More" to chuckle about with their losses. Both defenses look "Toxic" but maybe the Michigan offense will look "Stronger" than last week. So Charlie's team will say "hit Me Baby One More Time" with a loss. Dawg Diva is giggling to herself now. But I think the Wolves have more talent so i look for a victory. Score? Either 56 to 54 or 3-2....just depends

But i say Gators over the Great Pumpkin.

SportsChica said...

Ah Dawg Diva, you make me laugh. Excellent analogy with Britney and the 2 loser teams.

By the way, for those of you who I know will come on here and say my little team sucks too: I know this. The Canes SUCK!!!

I'm really looking forward to watching the Tenn/Fla game. I've not seen Tebow play a full game yet and especially against a ranked team. Plus, I'm sure it's going to be a high scoring game which i love!

Anonymous said...

Btw- Chica, if at any point you start chanting "it is great to be a fuzzy bee" then it will be time to stage an intervention....Although Dawg Diva is impressed by the name Tashard Choice

Anonymous said...

Is Doug your boyfriend Chica? You mention him quite a bit.

SportsChica said...

"Doug" is just one of my boys.

Anonymous said...

Everyone know Chica's bf is Brady Quinn:)

Anonymous said...

Boys? How many kids do you have Chica?