8.28.2007

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy.......

Well, freakitos, it's that wonderful time of the year again. I don't know about where the rest of you are but here in Atlanta, it's been hotter than hell this August. Magically, this week, the weather has cooled off significantly. It's as if the college football gods planned it.

This offseason has been boring as far as college ball goes. For those of you who haven't visited the blog, we've still been chatting away with lots of other sports related stories. After all, professional athletes have given us a lot of material. What with all the dogs out there to kill and all (insert sarcasm here).

Given all that, let's move directly into this week's picks. Standard Disclaimer still applies: La Chica STILL cannot prognosticate to save her life! Off we go:

The good Lord has blessed us with college football on Thursday this year. Can I hear an amen!

Thursday:
#2 LSU vs Mississippi State - No brainer. LSU should put a beatdown on these fellas. And honestly, if it were the middle of the season, this game would not be posted on the blog but it's the first week so... Pick: LSU

Saturday:
Marshall vs Miami - Another game that would not normally be posted but.....it's my blog and I do love my Canes so here they are. God-willing and the creek don't rise the Canes put a hurtin' on Marshall, please! Pick: 'Canes

Georgia Tech vs Notre Dame - I hate the Irish and honestly, I'm not a big fan of GT either but keeping with last year's mantra, I'm going with the ACC as much as I can. Tech should have won that game last year. I think they finish the job this time around. Pick: GT

Oklahoma State vs Georgia - This game is going to be a tough one for the Dawgs. I don't think they think it will be but I do. Of course, what do I know? Pick: UGA

Nevada vs #20 Nebraska - This game interests me because a lot of people think Nevada can upset the Cornhuskers. Much to my chagrin, my beloved Miami played Nevada in a bowl game last year and barely beat them but the Canes also had Larry Choker at the helm so it's not saying much. Regardless, Pick: Nevada

#15 Tennessee vs #12 California - Last year the Vols humiliated the Golden Bears and the Pac 10. I don't think it's going to be that bad this year but I still think the SEC will prevail. Pick: UT

East Carolina vs #9 Virginia Tech - ESPN has unofficially labeled the Hokies as America's team. Um, why does ESPN always have to bring everyone down? Here we go with the sad music and the long interviews about death. Don't get me wrong, what happened on the campus at Va Tech this past April was horrible and sad but can't we just talk about football on College Gameday? Pick: VT

Western Kentucky vs #6 Florida - Fans of the national champion Gators should be ticked! Their pre-season ranking is 6; I would be pissy about that if that were my team. I think the national champs should be ranked in the pre-season as #1 but that's just me and seriously, what do I really know? Uh, since Florida is playing a Division 1-AA team, they should really kick the schlackel (Chica word) out of them. Pick: UF

Monday:
#19 Florida State vs Clemson - My first question: why is FSU ranked? They finished 7-6 last year! Just because I hate them, I'm picking Clemson. I know I will probably be eating my words but I don't care. It won't the first time! Pick: Clemson

Okay, that's it for this week. I know it's kind of weak but the majority of the games are boring the first WEAKend (ha!). Stay tuned for the September 8th games. That weekend is a dandy so come on back!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course it is going to be tough for the Dawgs Chica....We have been a notoriously sloooooow starting team and some peeps are picking the Cowboys. I cannot lie-that Adarius Bowman (WR for OS) has the name of a star....I will keep my paws crossed

And Chica-you know Miami squeaked out a W against Nevada in the "Goggle me to my Gateway PC We got to go to a bowl-Yahoo.com Bowl":):):)

And in refernce to your prior post on Nicole Richie serving 82 minutes, you know girl was afraid they were gonna serve lunch and she may have been tempted to eat...That is why she got out early.

GO DAWGS!

SportsChica said...

Diva,
I know the Canes barely got by Nevada, I wrote that!

As for Nicole Richie, she is with child and should eat a big mac!

Anonymous said...

I am giving you grief Chica!!! Btw-I can't wait to see that extra cute, wrinkly UGA on the sidelines Saturday night. I bet he won't be wearing a Mike Vick jersey...

Woof:)

SportsChica said...

Speaking of Mike Vick, did you watch the Falcons game last night? I saw some of it and saw when the camera showed a stupid family of 4 all wearing Vick jersies.

I'm sorry but that's jacked up. What kind of lessons are you teaching your kids? That it's okay to kill animals as long as you apologize and find Jesus later when you're about to go to prison? Dumbasses.

Anonymous said...

Everybody sez Okie State is scary-good. College Football News has them to beat UGA by a touchdown. Good thing I don't read CFN that much!

GO YOU FREAKING HAIRY DAWGS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hola muchacha!

For the Dawg people, the Cowboys are coming into your house and kicking your hairy tails!

Go OKie STate!