8.08.2007

Rants

Sorry for my absence recently sports lovers but once again, your Chica was out of town.

My apologies for this particular blog but as the title suggests, it's just going to be a big ole rant about things I've been thinking about lately. Plus, it's hotter than hell in Atlanta and that makes me a little cantankerous. Let's carry on, shall we:

I'm so excited about college football starting just a little under three weeks from now. So excited indeed that I'm actually watching ESPN again. Yes, I despise them but they're giving me a fix for my football cravings. In case you didn't know, there's a show called College Football Live on at 6:30 pm eastern time. The good news is it's all about college football! The bad news? Well, Mark May is one of the ANALysts. Is it just me or does anyone else just loathe him?

Last season, May bashed my beloved Hurricanes all over the place. However, this year he's taken a different attitude about them. Why? They're still going to suck (sorry Cane nation)! Could it be because the new head coach for Miami is black? I'm all about sticking with your peeps; hell, if Mark May were Cuban I might feel differently about him but I'm not on national television. I'm just saying!

Last night, Barry Bonds broke Hank Aaron's homerun record: YAWN! I just don't give a damn about this because Bonds is a buttlick, arrognant, cheating player. Therefore, Hank will always be the Homerun King in my eyes. That is until another classy athlete breaks the record fairly.

Yesterday, Virginia Tech's head coach, Frank Beamer said that he believes his stupid Hokies lost the Peach Bowl to Georgia eight months ago because his team was spyed on during practices at Georgia Tech. Um, rrrrright. OR, just maybe your team blew a huge lead and then got schlackled (la Chica's own word) by the Bulldogs. Just a thought, Frank. Hey, here's an idea for Va Tech this season, how about graduating some quality football players? Oh right, Marcus and Michael Vick never actually got degrees from your university. Shocker!

Okay, I'm going to stop for today because I know I've already offended enough people. Ciao for now sports freakies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next thing Beamer will be say it was Professor Plumb with the candlestick in the library that did it....

Not a huge Mark May fan but he doesn't bother me like Lou Holtz, who I am sure thinks ND should be ranked #1. There will be extra spitting with the last name Clausen

But I am ready for college football

UGA the mascot rules. Why hasn't he been dog of the day?

Anonymous said...

Barry Bonds sucks. Mark May sucks.
The Vick brothers suck!

Anonymous said...

Maybe ESPN has finally learned its lessons and will not use Lou Holtz this season. One can dream.