10.29.2007

Weekend Rambling

Hola sports freakitos. Another great weekend of college football has come and gone. Oh, and there was a World Series too. Thanks for not showing up Rockies! This week's recap is going to be another stream of consiousness by me.

I said this last year and I'll say it again, what is up with these football players and their long ass hair? They are mainly seen with Pac 10 teams because the majority of them are Samoan or something. And that's fine, I don't care where you're from but you need to contain that crap.

Speaking of the Pac 10, I was flipping between the Georgia/Florida game and the USC/Oregon game Saturday and was offended by the FSN game analysts. I take that back, it was just one: Petros Papadakis. This guy makes Erin Andrews' voice sound like doves in a meadow. Surely, Fox Sports has other options?

Staying with USC, their backup quarterback, Mark Sanchez, may be this year's Brady Quinn. La Chica thinks he's a cutie!

As for the Georgia/Florida game, and I know I'm going to be accused of being a Bulldog fan on this, but good for Mark Richt! I'm a fan of his not Georgia. He's a good man and I'm glad he finally beat the Gators again. Not to mention, it's about time he showed some cojones. The penalty at the beginning of the game for unsportsmanlike conduct was classic.

One more point about that game, I know that Florida's Tim Tebow is their superman but you know what, he's not mine. And he's not anyone else's so can we keep the commentary about him down a bit? If Verne Lunquist said "Tim Tebow" one more time, La Chica was going to jump out her window. And I'm not bashing him because it's obvious that he is a good kid but geez, enough already. Also, if you'll remember, I called that victory for Georgia. No one else picked them but your Chica did!

The last thing I wanted to mention, this goes back to Thursday night's game between Boston College and Virginia Tech: Why do most Hokie fans dress like they've lost a bet? That's all I'm going to say.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You absolutely nailed it, Miss Chica! I think you were the only one to pick UGA. That first TD set the tone. 6 Tebow sacks and 188 yards rushing by Moreno... fantastic!

Look out Troy!
GO DAWGS!

SportsChica said...

The problem with Florida is that all their eggs on in Tebow's basket. He's their offense and whenn he's hurt, they're screwed.

Everyone has said it all along, there is no way he could maintain his being their QB and running back all season.

Anonymous said...

I was surprised at the Dawg victory. Poor Timmy. He is an exceptional athlete but UF is expecting him to be the entire offense. I bet the Falcons are eyeing him too and selling him on the fact that "Timmy-wouldn't you like to be a Falcon? We have no o-line and guarantee you concussions for life!"

And on a side note...Dawg Diva should be ashamed to admit that she listens to 680 the fan as Buck Belue gets on my last nerve. And the people that call in are kissing booty (but i love kirk and chris mortenson)..But I had to say that I don't think empyting the bench on a TD is the downfall of civilization. My boyfriend Kirk Herbstreit said he didn't get the hubub either. And i am not saying this because it is uga. Now had they gone out and punched someone then Dawg Diva would be appalled. But Dawg Diva also finds Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson entertaining as well so she doesnt get uptight about celebrations. I get more upset when someone stabs the backup. Now that is low dollar behavior.

Go Dawgs! And go LSU...beat Nick Saban....

SportsChica said...

Diva,
As you probably know, I am a Miami Hurrican fan, my boys invented excessive celebration in college football. And while I don't condone it, I also think it's not the end of the world.

Here's my thing though, there is a double standard in college sports. Had that been Miami who did what Georgia did, then the media would be on UM like flies on shit.

And I don't think that's right.

Anonymous said...

actually-the media is talking about it. cfn is basically saying it is the demise of modern civilization (an entire column on that one event). Again, it is one thing to celebrate another thing to stomp on someone's head...they throw excessive celebration flags for everything. i saw a guy get one the other day because he essentially jumped up and down too much. And it wasn't an uga person so i am not taking sides.

On a side note, Dawg Diva just adores Jimmy Johnson on Fox NFL Sunday...

SportsChica said...

Again, if it were Miami, it would be atrocious and the University of Miami should probably do away with their football program.

Just sayin'!

Anonymous said...

Diva,
Sportsfan here, I have to agree with Chica on this one. It was talked about on College Football Live Monday night, and even Rece Davis said the same thing. Had it been Miami, it would have been blown up unfairly.

Wasn't it called the Maimi Rule back in the day?

SportsChica said...

Yes indeed, it was the "Miami Rule".

By the by, as a Canes fan, I'm not proud of that. I think it's fine for them to celebrate as long as it's not obnoxious or taunting the other team. They are kids after all.

Anonymous said...

Yeah..some of these kids tote machine guns. Dawg Diva is just saying...She is not picking on the U, FSU or the UGA. Just saying there is a BIG difference between punching someone on the field and jumping up and down....Dawg Diva is done. Btw-Dawg Diva was not a fan of clearing the bench for a touchdown..It was a bit premature in my very humble, yet witty opinion.


Btw-did you hear Lance Armstong was canoodling wiht one of thd olsen twins?