10.10.2007

Pickitos

Halfway through the season already, is it just me or does college football season just fly by? Meanwhile, didn't the hockey season just end and now it's already started again? Not fair. This week's picks are coming a day early again so let's get started.

Thursday

#21 FSU vs Wake Forest - I actually want FSU to win so that when Miami plays them next week, the Canes' loss won't come as such a shock to me (oh snap). Seriously, this seems like a toss up to me, Wake could win, it's at home in their practically minuscule stadium. Game time: 7:30 on ESPN. Pick: Criminoles (that's the Seminoles, btw)

Saturday

UCF vs #5 USF - I'm going to pick UCF to upset the Bulls. I just feel USF is going to snap at any point. The game is at USF so UCF should feel right at home since they're both in Central Florida. Is anyone else bothered by the fact that South Florida is not in South Florida? I'm just saying. Game time: noon on ESPN. Pick: UCF

Georgia Tech vs Miami - Check it out, kids, your Chica will be at the Orange Bowl for this game. I'm excited. I would have been a lot more excited had the 'Canes beaten UNC last week but I need to move on. I just need to keep reminding myself: REBUILDING. Regardless, I'm not picking my boys anymore this year. Game time: noon on ESPN. Pick: GT

#1 LSU vs #17 Kentucky - Watch those nasty LSU Tigers lose at Kentucky! Okay, I know it's farfetched but the first half of this season has been nuts. Nothing is impossible. I'm not going to pick the Wildcats but let the record show that I thought about it. Game time: 3:30 on CBS. Pick: LSU

#11 Missouri vs #6 Oklahoma - I'm bored again with the Big 12 conference. They held my interest for a week but now I've lost it again. Maybe this will be a fun game, one can hope. I wouldn't mind seeing Mizzou beat the Sooners but it's in Norman.... Game time: 6:30. Pick: OU

Louisville vs #15 Cincinnati - I've mentioned Cincinnati about 3 times on the blog this season and I think that's the first time I've spelled it correctly. Good for La Chica! This game interests me because I'm enjoying the Louisville debacle; I'm just going to say it: I hate them! If the Cardinals had any type of defense I would pick them but their defense SUCKS. Game time: 7:00 on ESPNU. Pick: Cincy

#22 Auburn vs Arkansas - It's going to be interesting to see if the Tigers can keep their momentum from the Florida victory going. They should beat the Hogs but who knows with all the chaos of this season. Game time: 7:45 on ESPN. Pick: War Eagle (that's Auburn, btw)

There you go, freakiticos. Have a fantastic weekend and look for your Chica at the 'Canes game in the Orange Bowl. Cuban sandwiches, here I come!

Ciaosito.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SC,
You make me laugh.

War Eagle!

Anonymous said...

Say hi to Castro while you are down there Chica! Wnjoy the game.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chica Bonita! Sorry your Canes didn't come through for you, hope you had fun in the old OB anyway. I know all too well how you feel this season... stabbed in the heart Saturday after Saturday... argh!!! Good for you that you are still all into this college football fun despite that. Anyway, keep up the good work on your fun little blog, and ignore the idiots.