10.25.2007

Los Picks

Week 9! Seriously, is it just me or is this season flying by? It feels like we just started, meanwhile the baseball season is still lingering. Don't get La Chica wrong, I do love baseball (I'm Cuban) but geez, the games last about 6 hours. Sorry, off my soapbox and on with this week's picks. By the by, I was going to try something new this week and include spreads just to see if it made a difference in my win/loss percentage but I do not have time. Maybe next week.

Thursday

#2 Boston College vs #8 Virginia Tech - This should be a fun game to watch. Playing in Lane Stadium at night is one tough agenda and honestly, I don't know that BC can handle it. Let's face it, college football is not the most popular sport in New England so they're not accustom to loudness. I think BC is the better team but I have a feeling they are going to lose it as soon as Sandman starts to play tonight. Game time: 7:30 on ESPN. Pick: VT

Saturday

#12 USC vs #5 Oregon - This will be another fun one, especially if you're a fan of lots of offense like me! My USC friends are going to give me crap and go on and on about how my team sucks this year, blah, blah, blah, but I feel the home team will win this one as well. Oregon is another really loud stadium and while I know the Trojans have played in a lot of hostile environments, the Ducks are pretty good this year. Game time: 3:00 (no channel was given). Pick: Quack Quack

#10 USF vs #23 UConn - As most of you know, I love the UConn basketball program. I have NO IDEA why, but I emphatically cheer for the Huskies......in basketball. In football, I couldn't care less about them. Especially when they cheat! Let's see if the Huskies will have to cheat this week to beat USF. And speaking of USF, I knew they were going to lose at some point but I really didn't think it would be against Rutgers! Game time: 3:30 on ABC. Pick: USF

#11 Florida vs #18 Georgia - Geez, can the Bulldogs win against Florida, ever? It's become an absolute mental thing now. Florida knows it will beat Georgia, done deal. I'm going out on a big fat limb here and.......wait for it........... Game time: 3:30 on CBS. Pick: Dawgs (just put all 11 guys on Tebow and you're golden)

#1 Ohio State vs #25 Penn State - Two years ago, Penn St would have handled the Buckeyes. This year, I don't see that happening even with the "white out". The Buckeyes will lose this season but I have a feeling it will not be against the Nittany Lions. Game time: 8:00 on ABC. Pick: OSU

#21 California vs #4 Arizona State - What happened to Cal??? 2 losses in a row! I say Dennis Erickson's drunk ass takes them again this week and makes it 3 in a row. Game time: 10:00 (no channel given). Pick: ASU

That's it for me this week. Have a great weekend and let's hope no one starts smack with La Chica this weekend. Honestly, I don't go looking for drama, the bitch just finds me!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting picks...I still like BC and FL, but I would have taken Cal, until "Dennis Erikson's drunk ass" came into play...nice one! We all know what a drunk Dennis Erickson can pull off...-WG.

SportsChica said...

Wendy,
I miss Erickson's drunk ass. Trust me!

As for FL/GA, I just have a gut feeling that Ga pulls it off this year. I'm sure I'm wrong but, we'll see. As for BC, they are the better team but you and I know how tough it is to win at VT, at night, on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

For JC:
VT/BC: BC+3-VT tanks late every yr
USC/Oregon: USC+3-defense healthy now
USF/UCONN:-4.5 USF rebounds
UF/GA: GA+8.5-UF secondary holes
OU/PS: OU-4-PS just not that good
Cal/AS: AS-3-cal on a slide

SportsChica said...

Thanks Brian for the spread. Here's my thing though, if you're picking based on the spread, it's not that fun. I think it's better to pick based on your own judgement.

Let's see if the experts are correct. Or as Corso would say: Closer than the experts think.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the boost of confidence in my beloved UGA & squad. I say "Not so fast Chica" As my office mate says-we can't rush 11 guys on Tebow cause no one is in a big hurry on the team- Except UGA who anxiously awaits his camera time. The camera loves him. Florida by 7

And btw-Erin Andrews soounds much better battling laryngitis

SportsChica said...

Diva,
I thought the same exact thing about Erin Andrews as I watched the game. I wonder if there is a way for doctors to medically enhance her throat so that she always has laryngitis. That would be fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Doctors can medically attach me to Erin Andrew's sweater. Talk about fantastic!
GO DAWGS!

Anonymous said...

Isn't my office husband "Finish the Drill" witty? And i just told him Erin is a gator...Maybe she can interview Channing Crowder....

SportsChica said...

FTD,
Erin is a Gator. I think that's all I need to say. Actually, she's a cute girl but her voice is annoying and for the record, I thought that before I knew she was a Gator. To her defense, I bet she knows where London is.