10.18.2007

Reluctant Picks

Hola freakiticos. La Chica is not in the mood today to send out this weekend's picks for obvious reasons. My spirit has been broken; I've got nothing left! My team stinks while everyone else's rocks on! Is this a punishment? I guess that's a topic for another blog. Let's get this over with:

Thursday

#2 South Florida vs Rutgers - This is what I'm talking about, I just wrote #2 next to USF! There is a lot wrong with that! Anyway, I think USF is bound to lose at any point left in the season. It would be easy to pick Rutgers since they're at home but I'm not. Game time: 7:30 on ESPN. Pick: USF

Saturday

#21 Tennessee vs Alabama - I hope UT kills Nick Satan, uh, I mean the Crimson Tide. The Vols looked good against Georgia a couple of weeks ago but I don't feel they're very consistent. I'm going with the home team on this one. Game time: 12:30 (no channel given). Pick: Tide

Michigan State vs #1 Ohio State - I said this 2 weeks ago, the Buckeyes are going to slink their way into the national title game because of all the other top 10 teams losing, EVEN though they HAVE NOT played ANYONE!!! I'll say this, if they win out after having played Illinois, Wisconsin and the rebounded Wolverines, I'll give them more respect. Game time: 3:30 on ABC. Pick: OSU

#15 Florida vs #7 Kentucky - La Chica thinks Kentucky will still be hungover from their grand victory over LSU. I think UF goes in and beats 'em! Game time: 3:30 on CBS. Pick: Gators

#14 USC vs Notre Dame - The Trojans have not played well the majority of the season, this is their chance to go into South Bend and just annihilate (try spelling that!) the Irish. I hope they do. Game time: 3:30 on NBC. Pick: USC

#24 Texas Tech vs #16 Missouri - I know no none who reads my blog has any interest in this game but both teams are ranked and I need to pick more games to up my winning percentage. Game time: 3:30 on ABC. Pick: Mizzou

Miami vs FSU - Game time: 3:30 on ABC. Pick: 'Noles. I've nothing left to say anymore.

#25 Michigan vs Illinios - Okay, La Chica does not like anything about Michigan. I don't even like their coach but I must give them credit for coming back this season. They started out 0-2 but have turned their season around and I respect that. Regardless, I hope Illinois beats them and I think they will. Game time: 8:00 on ABC. Pick: Illini

#17 Auburn vs #4 LSU - Hmmm, how many times are the Tigers (AU) going to beat a ranked opponent on the road this year? I gotta say, this is a tough one to pick because I think the Tigers (AU) will hit a brick wall on this one BUT the Tigers (AU) have proven they can win in hostile environments. Credit their coach for having them prepared; I wish other teams would adopt that mentality (insert Miami). And then there are the Tigers (LSU), that loss last weekend hurt the Tigers (AU), because now the Tigers (LSU) are going to be pissy. Good grief, there are too many teams in college football with a tiger mascot! I doubt the Tigers (LSU) lose 2 in a row....but I said that about Florida too. And at the end of the day, what the hell do I really know? Game time: 9:00 on ESPN. Pick: The Tigers

Ciaosito and enjoy your football this weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duhhhh Chica...Of course the Tigers are going to win in LSU vs Auburn:):):) You get it right regardless.....Maybe I should have signed in as Britney Spears....

SportsChica said...

Diva,
Thank you! I was wondering when someone was going to catch that pick. And yes, I win either way!!

What about USF choking last night? I really thought they would handle Rutgers and monkey-face Schiano.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it turns out the SEC is a tough conf. after all!

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2007/10/17/ramblings/all-college-football-except-sdajunkie/5620/

btw- nice weekend to be a 'canes fam, eh?