10.03.2007

Weekly Picks

Well sports fans, here it is Wednesday evening and your Chica is writing the picks for the upcoming weekend. Why so early you ask? Well, it's been a busy week at work for La Chica.

Off topic real quick: Have you guys noticed those Fathead commercials? They are hysterical to La Chica. The one where the dude has the huge camera around his neck? Hilarious! Okay, off we go to this grand weekend of football:

#8 Kentucky vs #11 South Carolina: This should be a doozy. I'm not going to lie, I have not seen Kentucky's qb play yet aside from watching highlights so I'm excited to see if he's for real. This is going to be a tough game for the Wildcats; I don't think they will do it on the road against the Camecocks (this was a typo but I think I'll keep it!). I must say, Spurrier has a pretty good little defense down in Columbia this year, I think they'll give Kentucky a hard time. With that.....Pick: SC

#5 Wisconsin at Illinois: Ron Zook is actually having a good year. I'm going to go out on a limb here but the Badgers have not impressed your Chica, therefore.....Pick: Illinois

#10 Oklahoma vs #19 Texas: Ah, the Red River Shootout.....YAWN! This would have been a little better, albeit still a snorefest, had both teams not been beaten last week. I still think OU is a good team so......Pick: OU

#12 Georgia vs Tennessee: This is always a fun little game; UGA has looked good the last 2 weeks so given that, I'm going to go with the Dawgs even though the game is in Rocky Top. Pick: UGA

#15 Virginia Tech vs #22 Clemson: Just as I predicted last week, Clemson started its annual demise by losing games they should win. Their offense is better than the Hokies' but not their defense. This could go either way but I'm going to pick it the safe way. Pick: VT

#4 Ohio State vs #23 Purdue: This is one of 3 evening games that should be great. Purdue may be undefeated but they have played NO ONE. I think the Buckeye's defense will be too much for them to handle and they choke against OSU. Pick: Buckeyes

#20 Cincinnati vs #21 Rutgers: If one of you freaks had told La Chica last year that this would be a game to watch, I would have called you C-R-A-Z-Y, but Cincy has made it interesting. I hate to get all personal on you but I must say, I'm going to be biased on this one: I'm sick of Rutgers. Yes, they had a Cinderella year last year but can we let it go? La Chica is over it! Go Bearcats even though I have a feeling the home team will win. Pick: Cincy

#9 Florida vs #1 LSU: Will the Gators rebound from their loss to Auburn? Will LSU keep its number 1 ranking? Will Florida have enough players out of jail and available to play? We shall see my friends, we shall see. This game should also be a fun one to watch. In all seriousness, I don't think the Gators will lose 2 in a row. As tough as it will be to win in the Bayou with all those drunk obnoxious Cajuns showing their asses, Florida will prevail, barely but they will. Pick: Gators

#25 Nebraska vs #17 Missouri: I give the Big 12 a lot of mierda just because it's fun. And I'm not going to lie, the conference bores me because it's always Oklahoma winning it all. This year, however, the rest of the conference is making it interesting. Texas and OU were upset in the same day and that made me very happy. Also, low and behold, teams like Missouri are actually not bad. I'm still not going with them here.....Pick: Nebraska

This is the part of the program we like to call: La Chica Speaks Out.
For those of you who have been giving me shit about picking games without giving an actual score, how about you losers try writing a blog in your spare time! Hell, even the yahoos on ESPN do not give a score prediction, and they get paid! So, get off my back!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chica,
Who would give you a hard time? I think you do an outstanding job, keep up the good work!

Please don't bash me for being "anonymous" but I do not have time to sign in and give myself a name. Just call me a "sportfan"!

Keep it going Chica.

Anonymous said...

Chica-you are fab....ignore the haters. Some people are just angry that some of the games will be held at the state pen soon...UGA rulz

SportsChica said...

Thanks guys! The majority of the peeps who read my blog are great and fun, but as with anything, there's always that small percentage that jacks it up for the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

whoa whoa whoa that hits a little close to home...after all us "blue collar" people have the bitterness deap inside.


do you think Hope Solo plays for the other team? Just a thought

SportsChica said...

You wish she batted for the other team!

I dig her name: Hope Solo.

She jacked up though, talking trash about her goalie. The US coach jacked up even moreso by not accepting her apology. In a word: JACKED!

Anonymous said...

Chica, no problem with not giving scores, but, I must be honest, just picking winners? What fun, or challenge, is that? Picking the spread, that's the only way to keep it challenging.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I know about Hope Solo is that I worship her for calling out that arrogant, cheating, scuzbucket and horrible role model for today's youth, Briana Scurry. Anyone that's up against ScurVy, I'm on their side. You go Hope Solo! I got your back. And if I'm not enough, I'll call my good friend, Hans Solo.

Anonymous said...

Can we all finally agree with what I've been saying for five years now? Chan Gailey and Tommy Bowden should've been fired a long time ago.