10.23.2007

Late Weekend Thoughts

Hola again. Sorry this blog is a day late but La Chica was a bit under the weather yesterday. I'm not going to dwell too much on the games since more time has lapsed and you've all read the columns or seen the highlights. I'm just going to do a minor rant on my own weekend, if you'll allow me.

My weekend started out the same way it's been this season, I met up with some Miami alumni to watch our beloved Hurricanes possibly lose to the Seminoles. We met up at Jocks and Jills in Midtown and by the way: Don't go there! The parking situation is out of hand there, it's $10 to park there. This is not a Jocks policy but the company who runs the parking lot is robbing everyone blind! Another reason Midtown is annoying me...no reasonably priced parking lots.

I stayed there until halftime and then went on my way to meet some other friends of mine at one of our local digs: Gordon Beirsch. Now, they have parking! I'm going to make this quick, I was minding my own business and cheering for my team against a huge rival. Needless to say, both programs are struggling but regardless, it's still a big game. All of a sudden this homely 50-something year old woman with a Georgia Tech polo stands behind me and starts to deliberately cheer against my team. And for the record, I have no problem with people cheering against my team (most everyone I know cheers against Miami so it's no big deal), but when a random BITCH just comes out of nowhere and stands directly behind me wearing a GT POLO and is making a point of cheering against my team, then I take issue.

This went on for the duration of the game and once Miami pretty much sealed the game, I found myself lowering to her level as I cheered obnoxiously in her face. She then ran away with her nasty tail between her legs and disappeared, but not before shooting me the bird! WTF?

This is what I do not understand: Your Chica was minding her own business cheering for her team when this troll showed up to taunt me. Why? I don't get people like that. She wasn't even an FSU fan. This is one of my pet peeves as I do not get why idiots have to start shit with others.

It's just football; can't we all just watch it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"nasty troll": I love it Chica!

Anonymous said...

People are so rude Chica. I won't even get started about Dawg Diva's incident with a mom at the daycare. Home girl was trying to insinuate she was more important and told me she was in a hurry and running late but tubby should have left home sooner. It wasn't Dawg Diva's issue. I digress...it is an insecurity issue...First of all wearing GT paraphanalia should make anyone gag. What self respecting person chants "Its great to be a fuzzy bee" I mean, bees are frequently considered pests. Go Dawgs

SportsChica said...

Diva,
This is my second run-in with a GT fan! Now, call me crazy but aren't GEEKs supposed to be nice and just be happy someone is accepting of them (ha!).

Rudeness.