10.15.2007

EL Weekend En Miami...

Well sports freaks, here it is Monday....again! Let me start off by saying that my weekend in Miami was fabulous and fantastic. I had to throw both in. I was able to spend some quality time with my family down there and also do a lot of "hanging out" in South Beach and of course, at the Orange Bowl.

One of the best things about watching a game in Miami: When my team loses, there are a lot of Miami folks to commiserate with and trust me, that's important. All I can say is I cannot wait for the Coker Cancer to be completely gone. I still have my doubts about Randy Shannon's gameday coaching ability but if he had more talent, it would be easier. For now, I'm going to blame it on Coker's recruits and the new Defensive Coordinator who I think should be fired, but that's just me. A special shout out to all my new Hurricane friends I met this weekend, you know who you are!

Okay, on with the other games, let me just quote something from last week's "Picks" blog:
"Watch those nasty LSU Tigers lose at Kentucky! Okay, I know it's farfetched but the first half of this season has been nuts. Nothing is impossible. I'm not going to pick the Wildcats but let the record show that I thought about it." Now, granted, I did not officially pick Kentucky but I mentioned it! I think I should get some kind of props for that.

The bottom line: There is no dominating team in college football this season. It reminds me of March Madness where anyone can win. It's like the world is upside down, South Florida at number 2 in the BCS rankings??? GASP! I wouldn't be surprised if a 2 loss team made it to the national title game....just sayin'.

As for me and my prognostications this season, let's just throw them out the window. It's impossible this year to pick game winners. On that note, I was 3 for 7 last week.

Off Topic: Guess who La Chica met at her South Beach hotel? Wait for it...........Derek Jeter. He is every bit as handsome in person as on television.

Okay, I must run. Ciao for now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have asked Jeter how he likes playing golf right now!!!! GO RED SOX!!!!!!

SportsChica said...

Hey Red Sox fan, you're down 3-1!

I am cheering for Cleveland all the way. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Indians as they are the only team my beloved Atlanta Braves have ever beaten for a championship.

Anonymous said...

Chica is one of the guys in your picture your boyfriend Doug?

SportsChica said...

None of the "fellas" is Doug.