11.01.2007

Ch Ch Ch Chia Picks

Sorry about the title of this week's blog but I thought about that in the middle of the night and it stuck! It's kind of funny, no? Let's get right down to the picks this week because your Chica is busy with her day job today. Which reminds me, can someone help La Chica get a full-time gig writing sports so that she can quit??? Let's go:

Thursday

11 Virginia Tech vs Georgia Tech - GT's star running back Tashard Choice is iffy so I'm going with VT. This was my premise in picking Georgia over Florida last week when Tebow was iffy and it worked so I'm sticking to it. Game time: 7:30 on ESPN. Pick: Hokies

Saturday

21 Wisconsin vs 1 Ohio State - This game is in Columbus and I don't trust Wisconsin. The Buckeyes are going to slink into the national title game, mark my words. Game time: noon on Big 10 Network. (What are they, Notre Dame?) Pick: Buckeyes

24 Wake Forest vs 23 Virginia - I think Virginia rebounds from losing to NC State who sucks by the way! However, watch NC St beat my beloved Hurricanes this week. It's just the way the season is going, my friends. Game time: noon (no channel given). Pick: Cavaliers

Nebraska vs 8 Kansas - I'm putting this game on here this week for my buddy Dave who is a Husker, bless his heart! Tom Osborne has already alluded that he's firing the Nebraska coach so don't be surprised if the team gives up. Unfortunately for Dave, I think the Jayhawks win this one. Game time: 12:30 (no channel given). Pick: Kansas

Cincinnati vs 18 South Florida - Way to just choke, choke, choke South Florida! Okay, La Chica is going to be mean for just one second: Next time you go mouthing off about being better than the other "Big 3" in the state of Florida, how about winning some kind of somethin' somethin'! Sorry but, I had to get that off my chestica. Regardless, I have to think that the Bulls rebound this week at home. Game time: 3:30 on ABC regional coverage. Pick: USF

3 LSU vs 17 Alabama - Ugh, I must say, I don't like either coach in this game. It's too bad both of them cannot lose. It would be easy to pick LSU, but at the end of the day, it's only going to be a matter of time before Les Miles' poor coaching decisions are not so fortuitous. Game time: 5:00 on CBS. Pick: Alabama (Yep, that's what I wrote)

4 Arizona St vs 5 Oregon - This should be a dandy. I have to admit, the Pac 10 has entertained me this year. Look for the Sun Devils' first loss here. Game time: 6:40 on ESPN. Pick: Quack

Florida State vs 2 Boston College - I hope BC remains undefeated for their game against Miami Thanksgiving weekend. They looked incredibly beatable against Virginia Tech last week. However, I don't think the Noles will beat them outside of their obnoxious home base. Game time: 8:00 on ABC. Pick: BC

Ciaosito for now sports freakitos. Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ASU/Oregon game looks like the best matchup this weekend. The most watched too since ESPN Gameday will be there. God knows Dawg Diva will be mentally undressing Herbstreit, which is a shame since his taste in attire is his best quality.

I will be firmly glued to the 'Bama/LSU game. It's got all the drama of your favorite soap opera.

If LSU wins and, ostensibly, takes the West, does that stave off a Les miles migration to Michigan? And what if Lloyd Carr beats OSU?

If Nick Satan looses at home against his former paycheck, what does that do to his cred at 'Bama? Will the fans still want to wipe his butt with 9 year-old dew-rags from the last time they won a Conference Championship?

I gotta disagree with Miss Chica on this one and go with LSU. For cryin' out loud, they lost to UGA, how can they be expected to beat them Tigers?

"Sorry but I had to get that off my chestica" - LOL!!!!

SportsChica said...

FTD,
I really think Ala has a shot at LSU. Granted, the Tigers do have luck on their side this season and that's what it takes to win championships but......

Anonymous said...

FTD (or office husband as you prefer)-

Dont bring my boyfriend Kirk Herbstreit inot this..The next thing you know, you will say Brady Quinn has done well for himself gf wise:)

I never had a probelm with Alabama until the Sabanster..And the gushing over little John Parker Wislon nauseates me too..His mam was an alabama cheerleader and his daddy played football. The refs like the tide, but i say "Go you Bayou Bengals!"

SportsChica said...

I love me some Kirk Herbstreit. Especially when he is not showing his OSU biases.

I hope LSU does win b/c I loathe Nick Satan but I think it will be "tougher than the experts think". And who are the "experts" anyway?

Anonymous said...

You forgot to pick NC STATE OVER MIAMI!!! HA HA!!

SportsChica said...

Caneloverhater,
Or whatever your call sign is, I have no rebuttle for your comment.

Saturday's loss to a suckass NC St team was one of the most embarassing displays I've ever seen by a Hurricane team. It's amazing how far this program fell since Coker came in and spread his cancer.

The only thing getting me through this season is that Shannon is recruiting strongly. Hopefully, the kids he has so far will not decommit.