11.14.2007

Picks

Hola sports freakitos. I'm a day early in picks and two days late in posting; what's the saying: a dollar short and somethin' somethin'? Anyway, my depression has finally started to subside (for now) so I'm ready to write. I really need to find another hobby, let's discuss that later.

This week's slate of games leave a lot to be desired, you can tell we're nearing the end of the season. Off we go:

7 Ohio State vs 21 Michigan - How will the Buckeyes rebound from their loss to Illinois?? This should be a good game, in my most humble opinion. OSU couldn't stop the run last week so if Mike Hart is healthy for Michigan, it should be tough again. Hmmmm, who to pick? Game time: noon on ABC. Pick: Wolverines

23 Kentucky vs 9 Georgia - The Bulldogs are on a high and rightfully so. They've beaten 2 of their biggest rivals in 3 weeks. I think the Wildcats can give them a test but I doubt the Dogs lose at home. Game time: 12:30 (no channel given). Pick: UGA

Miami vs 10 Virginia Tech - Can the Hurricane nation take another beatdown on national television? I don't know about the rest of the Miami peeps but this particular peep cannot bare to watch my team get raped on national television again! Aye. Game time: 3:30 on ABC. Pick: Nasty, mangy, leg-humping Hokies

6 West Virginia vs 22 Cincinnati - I'm actually looking forward to this game and I don't mean that as an open-handed-slap-in-the-face to the Big East, but let's face it: Did anyone expect Cincy to be in the 25 for most of this season? Kudos to them and congrats to my buddy, Doug, who's an alumni. Game time: 7:45 on ESPN. Pick: Mountaineers

17 Boston College vs 15 Clemson - YAWN! That was the only thought that came to mind when I saw this game posted. The fact that ESPN has given it a night time slot befuddles me, but I was also AMAZED that the dunderheads at ESPN chose to broadcast College Gameday from Williams, MA last Saturday for a Div 3 game. I know the Canes are down this year but it was the last game in the Orange Bowl for God's sake! I think Miami would have been a more appropriate choice. Game time: 7:45 on ESPN2. Pick: Clemson

Ciaosito freakitos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sound picks, SC.

I have one quarstion: Has a Hokie ever been a dog? Because I thought that they have a ridiculous mutant turkey as a mascot?

Oh, and the only nasty, mangy leg-humper I know UGA!! GO GATORS!!!

atlantadan said...

Because this year we're not sure what team shows, up, I'm taking the Canes to get it together and beat the Hokies.

And I look for the Luckeyes to give LLLLLLLoyd Cokcarr a going away beat down

SportsChica said...

atlantadan,
Estas loco??? Canes are a 17 point underdog and we'll be lucky if that's all they beat us by. Thank God it's not a night game in Blacksburg!

atlantadan said...

When the recruits start calling out the players, and when the coaches also do the same from top down, there's only one way out for these guys, Canes 21, Hokies 17