11.29.2007

Picks-n-Things

Holasito. It's been awhile for La Chica but here are the last regular season picks...sniff, sniff. La Chica is not going to lie though, I'm happy to see this season end (figure it out).

Before we begin, I wanted to discuss my trip to Alaska for a brief second and I'm not trying to be mean but let's just say that showering on a daily basis is good and should be practiced! My friend and I met a lot of Alaskan peeps who felt that a daily shower was not necessary, mainly men. So for those of you who do not like being clean, head on out to the Last Frontier. You'll fit right in. Other than that, the mountains of Alaska were majestic and beautiful. The people were friendly to your Chica and gave us "gifts". I can't write what those gifts were here but hit me separately and I'll share.

Off we go with this week's games. We've a bevy of pretty good games and that makes me happy. It's Championship weekend, freakitos:

Thursday

Rutgers vs Louisville - I don't care about this game but I'm glad that there is football on tonight. Game time: 7:30 on ESPN. Pick: Rutgers

Saturday

Navy vs Army - God bless these two schools. Here's a good trivia question: What is Army's nickname? Don't look it up! Game time: noon on CBS. Pick: Go Navy!

6 Virginia Tech vs 11 Boston College - Ugh, this is a battle of the lesser of 2 evils for La Chica. I know this is not very conventional or professional but I'm so sick of hearing about Doug Flutie and Matt Ryan being compared to Doug Flutie. Plus, I really can't stand Doug Flutie's hair. Good grief, his wife should be slapped with an open hand for letting his 80s-ass go on national television with that over-moussed head of hair. Because of this, I'm hope the Hokies win! Game time: 1:00 on ABC. Pick: VT

14 Tennessee vs 7 LSU - Is anyone else concerned that #4 Georgia, who is not playing for its own conference championship, has a shot at the BCS title game? This is how jacked up the BCS is! I know GA has had a wonderful season but at the very minimum, you should win your conference to get into the title game. This isn't Georgia's fault and 2 teams must lose in order for them to be considered but you would think that after Nebraska got into the Rose Bowl after the '01 season without winning its conference, they would have tweaked this rule. I'm just saying! Oh, back to this game.... LSU laid a big ole fat egg last week by losing to Arkansas in Baton Rouge. At the end of the day, LSU was not "all that and a pack of gum" (no one was this year). Game time: 4:00 on CBS. Pick: LSU

UCLA vs 8 USC - Last year, the Bruins shocked the Trojans. Can they do it again this year? I'm going to go with NO. Game time: 4:30 on ABC. Pick: USC

9 Oklahoma vs 1 Missouri - No, freakitos, that is not a typo. What a year it's been in college football that Mizzou is ranked number 1 the last week in November. Amazing. I'm going for the underdog in this one because it's a good story. Game time: 8:00 on ABC. Pick: Missouri (even though they're ranked higher, they're underdogs!)

That's all I've got for now. Enjoy the last weekend of regular season college football. I know I will! Ciao.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Army is the Black Knights.

I didn't look it up!

Anonymous said...

I knew the Army Black Knights as well and I didn't look it up either...

Actually Chica-they compare Matt Ryan to tom Brady. Lets see what Giselle says about that

And btw-UGA the dog doesn't take offense to what you say:)

SportsChica said...

You'd be surprised how many sports fans do not know Army's nickname.

What about what Les Miles said this week? Saying that LSU was still the better team and that they really won the 2 games they lost b/c they went to OT or some crap like that. The more he opens his mouth, the less I like that dude.

The fact is, he got lucky a lot this year and there's nothing wrong with that but he's not a good coach!

I hope he does go to Michigan.

Anonymous said...

Dearest SportsChica:

I have an ego, I admit it; therefore, I Google myself quite often. I see that you have been writing your little sports blog, and keep mentioning my hair.

I am 45 years old, and played football for 20 years "professionally" (I put that it quotes because some of those years were for the CFL). Hey, when you wear a helmet for 25-30 years, what do people expect?

You have been relentless on my killer 'do! Can't a retired famous QB earn a buck on TV, and wear his hair like it's 1984? Those were my glory days. Speaking of -- Are you still upset at this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ykWbu2Gl0&NR

Take that, Missy! Now you leave my awesome 'do alone, or I will be forced to come down to Georgia, and spank your voluptuous bottom.

Sincerely, Hail Flutie

Anonymous said...

Hey Flutie,
How do you know La Chica has a "voluptuous bottom"?

SportsChica said...

"Doug Flutie" must know La Chica in person!