11.07.2007

PICKS


Let's get right down to it:

18 Auburn vs 10 Georgia - This is a strange rivalry in that the visiting team usually has the advantage. Auburn has a fantastic defense which it will need to stop that freshman runner, Moreno, for the Dawgs. What's his name? NOshon Moreno? HA! Game time: 3:30 on CBS. Pick: War Eagle

FSU vs 11 Virginia Tech - Which Seminole team will show up for this one? That's the question Va Tech should be asking. It's in Blacksburg so the Hokies have that on their side. It's a day game so the Seminoles have that on their side. The wonderful thing about this college football season, any given Saturday a truly sucky team can beat a good team! Game time: 3:30 on ABC. Pick: Hokies

13 UConn vs Cincinnati - Yes sports freakitos, you read that correctly: UConn is ranked number 13 in the country in football. Amazing, absolutely amazing. This game interests me (I know, right? It's not basketball!). Cincy killed South Fla last weekend but I don't think that means much this year. I'm going with the home team this time because I think it's a toss up. Game time: 3:30 on ESPNU. Pick: Bearcats

15 Florida vs South Carolina - When Steve Spurrier went to Columbia he made this an interesting matchup. And he's also beaten his old team! This will be a fun one to watch as well. Game time: 7:45 on ESPN. Pick: COCKS (that's not like me to put that in all caps but I wanted to make a point)

17 USC vs California - Too bad Cal just choked and started sucking in the middle of the season otherwise, this would have meant more for the rest of us. Thanks Golden Liberal Bears! I don't know my little Trojan fans, I think Cal still has it in them to beat you. This game should still be important to them. Game time: 8:00 on ABC. Pick: the Libs

19 Virginia vs Miami - This is it for Cane fans and alumni. The very last game in the Orange Bowl for the Miami Hurricanes. I wish I was going to be there with the rest of my peeps! Miami has had another tough season and it has tested the loyalties of many a Hurricane fan including La Chica, but alas I am a Hurricane true and true! I don't think my boys can pull this win off but I hope I'm wrong. GO CANES! Game time: 8:00 on ESPN2. Pick: Virginia

Have a fabulous weekend and enjoy an awesome Saturday of football.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yawn!

Anonymous said...

Go Dawgs-Loved the black jerseys. Especially on UGA

I dont think the Canes ever took the field....That was harsh

SportsChica said...

Yes Dawg Diva, the Canes game was harsh. Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

It's pretty bad when the team comes off the field and you tell that the coach asked them: "What the fuck are you doing?".

I've said this time and time again, the Coker Cancer is still lingering because these are his kids, his recruits. I can't judge Shannon completely based on this. However, I do think that Shannon needs to clean house as far as a lot of his assistants go. Prime example? Tim Walton the defensive coordinator. His dumbass needs to be fired.

As for the Dogs, they looked good. And of course, UGA always steals the show.

As for the anonymous poster who wrote: "Yawn!". If this is such a boring website, don't come to it anymore and take your stupid ass someplace else. Thanks for playing.

SportsChica said...

One more thing: Kudos to Ron Zook and company. What a great game and victory for the Illini.

Anonymous said...

Did you go to the last game at the Orange Bowl this weekend?

SportsChica said...

Unfornately, no, I did not make it the OB for the last hurrah. I was in Ashevill, NC on a mini vacation that I had planned awhile back.

Even though it was a drubbing, I would have loved to have been there. I had a lot of friends who went and said it was awesome and the crowd was rocking like the good old days. Well, until the game started.

I'm not going to lie when I say that I was emotionally moved by the game because of its significance with the Old Girl, but also because it's sad to see how far the Miami football program has fallen in the last 3 years. So far, Shannon has an excellent recruiting class set to come in next year. Let's hope they do not decommit.

SportsChica said...

I love discussing sports, the games and all the stuff that goes with that, however, if you have a stupid comment to make that has absolutely nothing to do with sports, don't post it here. They're usually not funny and are not going to be posted but don't waste my time either.

Those of you who have done that know who you are.

Anonymous said...

Meow, down girl!

Anonymous said...

Loved the condescending response chica-lose the tude:) Besides-it is the ACC...Miami could very easily turn around and win this week. And don't even say but they are playing so and so...yeah they can still beat them. Don't think the recruits are the issue though...my 2 cents

SportsChica said...

Diva,
I think that I can have "tude" right now.

It's a combination of the poor coaching, poor preparation and truly heartless and suckass players. The quarterbacks are the poorest excuse for qb's I have ever witnessed in all of college sports, not just at Miami.

The coaches look like chickens with their heads chopped off half the time. If the DC is fired or demoted back to his old position, it will be another poor decision by Shannon.

Again, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt b/c these players truly do suck. Think what you want about the ACC but this team could not win right now in Div 1-AA or whatever the f*ck it's called now.

SportsChica said...

Sorry, meant to say: if the DC ISN'T FIRED OR DEMOTED.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Chica! Look forward to a new blog entry.

Anonymous said...

I love you chica but I checked back at the history and Kyle Wright (who I agree is horrific) was a 5 star recruit who was scouted by Tenn, usc, fsu, and the gators. And Kirby Freeman was a 4 star recruit...It is coaching...not recruiting.

And before you come back with a snide remark, I know you said the coaches should be fired. But I am just saying, I don't hink it is recruiting. I am going to get UGa to send you a kiss and a paw shake!

SportsChica said...

Diva,
I was anxiously awaiting your reply.

Here is what I have been saying: In '04, Miami had one of the top recruiting classes, I know that. I have even given Kyle the benefit of the doubt b/c the kid has had 4 OC's in the last 5 years BUT if you have watched all of UM's games this year as I have then you will know what I'm talking about.

Yes, I agree the kid has not been properly developed but who was that? It was Coker and company for the last 4 years, not Shannon. Kirby Freeman cannot even throw a screen pass.

As I stated in the last post, the coaches at times look like they have their heads cut off, including the head coach. However, he deserves a bit of a break b/c he inherited these guys. These guys SUCK. At the end of the day, they couldn't start on most Div 1-A teams.

Like I said, it's a combination of coaching, lack of player development (thanks, Clapper) and a group of guys who were underated to begin with. Good riddance next year!

SportsChica said...

Anonymous poster who was so nice in welcoming La Chica back from vacation, thank you!

My spirit is broken right now but I'll be back with something tomorrow.

Thanks for the banter ALL!

Anonymous said...

Actually Chica you can blame Kirby's daddy as he was his high school coach and named him Kirby. His middle name is probably Colt or Two strikes in my opinion...

However, I digress....We will see what the future holds

SportsChica said...

And Diva, I'm really not trying to be rude or snide in my commentary; I'm just pissed off about my situation.

atlantadan said...

Well I went to the game and the only thing I can say about what happened was that the old rusty bitch unleashed her magic one last time, but this time in an act of spooky defiance against the Canes for leaving her. The Rock opened the game calling out the obvious "the greatest homefield advantage" and got the crowd of a frenzy, but nothing went right from there on. Over the years, many teams came into the OB, and just couldn't play, made mistakes etc. This time the hollowed ground unleashed it's advantage against the Canes for leaving, making them loose focus, make turnovers, etc. Seemed like they were just running around out there overwhelmed, similar to all of the other teams who came in and went down. It's the best explanation of what happened.

SportsChica said...

Sounds like the Old Girl has had it as well.

atlantadan said...

I think there's still plenty of life left in the 'ole Chica

Anonymous said...

Old? Chica does not look old to me. She is like FINE WINE!!!!