9.19.2008

Picks and Other Items

Hola freakitos. Before I dive into this week's games, let me discuss last night's game between West Virginia and Colorado: I said this in January when WVU hired Bill Stewart as their head coach and I will say it again, it is a LarryCokerization all over again. Bill Stewart is going to run the Mountaineers into the ground.

Did anyone see that horrible time management at the end of last night's game? He was the main reason that game went into overtime and thus causing his team the game. WOW! That's all I can say except I feel sorry for WV fans and alumni because the pain they are about to endure during the Cokerization is unbearable and no one deserves to go through it. Okay, I'm done. On with this week's picks.

This week is a little different, I'm going to introduce you to my weekly pool. I've mentioned it before but it's based on the spread and then you have to assign points to each game. The goal is to obviously pick as many games correctly as possible and to also assign point values to the right games and accumulate the most points, capice? Let's go.

Alabama at Arkansas, Line Ala by 9.5. My pick: Ala

Florida at Tennessee, Line Fla by 8. My pick: FL

Boise St at Oregon, Line Oregon by 12. My pick: Boise St

Miami at Texas A&M, Line Miami by 4. My pick: Miami

Notre Dame at Michigan St, Line MSU by 8.5. My pick: ND

Utah at Air Force, Line Utah by 7.5. My pick: Utah

Wake Forest at Florida St, Line FSU by 4. My pick: I'm still thinking

Rice at Texas, Line Texas by 31. My pick: Texas

LSU at Auburn, Line LSU by 3. My pick: LSU

Georgia at Arizona St, Line Georgia by 6.5. My pick: GA (even GA screwed me by 1 point last week).

Let me know what you think about my pickings.

6 comments:

Mongo Pusher said...

Good picks...though I like Oregon and Mich. St. to cover. I also like the Dolphins getting 12.5 at New England. My #15 ECU Pirates are going for 4-0 against UVA...I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Mongo Pusher said...

My bad...ECU is playing NC State. I knew that :) UVA is in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hello Miss Chica,

A few thoughts...

Bill Stewart - Remember last year when Rich Rod was officially gone and Stewart was named interim coach prior to the Oklahoma bowl game? After that win, I think emotions took over and they made Stewart the head coach and not too long ago they gave him a contract extension. Now, after the first few games of this season, we have a better understanding of what he brings to the team and West Va may be feeling a little like Notre Dame after they gave Weiss the big contract.

Phil Fulmer - The Vols are self-destructing. They're off to a 1-2 start with Auburn coming up next week. Have you noticed how the recruiting has suffered over the past couple years? No doubt they will get better as the season progresses, barring injury, but the Great Pumpkin has got to be feeling the heat - along with Sylvester Croom.

Notre Dame - What can you say - It's gonna be a long season.

Florida State - Is Wake Forest that good? Hasn't Jimbo Fisher already taken over the offense? If so, whatever he is doing ain't working that great.

LSU is the power in the SEC West. Although Auburn impressed me at times, they couldn't stop that big O-line in their own stadium. Look for LSU in the SEC Championship game.

Mark Richt - Going for the blackout (again) in Athens next week against Alabama. Something tells me he will need more than black jerseys to handle what is becoming a scary-good Bama team. After that Clemson (#9 in the country at the time they played) game I became a believer. God, I hate Nick Saban.
On the upside, based on how we looked against ASU, we should at least be competitive with Bama assuming the penalties don't screw us up.

You must be proud of your 'Canes after their victory! They got Fla State(ugh), Wake and Ga Tech still to play - maybe this is the turn-around year...

Good Luck and GO DAWGS!

SportsChica said...

Mongo Pusher,
Sorry about your ECU team this week! I was hoping they would carry on.

Finish the Drill,
I haven't heard from you in awhile, welcome back! Your GA team looked good on Saturday night. I think the Alabama/GA game will be a blast to watch! Looking forward to that one. And, I'm glad they finally showed UGA during the game. One question, where was his bag of ice?

WVU: I said it back in January about them mistakenly hiring Stewart. I think he's a horrible head coach, much like Larry Coker. Hell, they even look alike!
If I were a Tenn alumni or just a fan, I would be screaming for his firing! 'Nuff said.

LSU/Auburn: I knew Auburn would not win that game, they couldn't generate any offense against a sucky MSU team. They did not deserve to be ranked in the top 10 after that poor showing.

I don't know what's going on w/FSU and or Wake. I think Wake is good and I think FSU got ranked b/c of Bobby Bowden but clearly they did not deserve a top 25 ranking after they had only won against two Div 1-AA opponents.

GO CANES! Next year, I think i see my boys winning 9 or 10 games!

Mongo Pusher said...

"We're the Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins #1"

I'm glad our first win came against those cheatin' Patriots!

SportsChica said...

GO DOLPHINS!!!

I hate New England.