9.12.2008

Los Pickitos

Better late than never freakitos, here are my picks for this week:

Friday:

#13 Kansas vs #19 South Florida - I was the only person who didn't join the USF bandwagon last year and I still don't like them but this game should be a fun one to watch. I love a lot of offense and this should provide that for me. I'm going to go with the Bulls simply because they're at home. Pick: USF

Saturday:

#2 Georgia vs South Carolina - Spurrier always provides a bit of a spark and interest in these SEC games against tougher opponents. Last year Carolina beat GA at home so look for the Bulldogs to avenge their loss. I don't think it's going to be a blowout but what do I know?! I do think Georgia will win, however. Pick: UGA

UCLA vs #18 BYU - After UCLA's victory against Tennessee, I thought they deserved a spot on my blog. BYU should handle them at home but look out for the Bruins! Pick: BYU

Georgia Tech vs Virginia Tech - even though VT is struggling so far, I think this should be a fun game to watch. Those obnoxious Va Tech rednecks will be good and drunk by kickoff so it should very loud up in there. Pick: GT

#5 Ohio State vs #1 USC - Geez, if I hear the name "Beanie" Wells or whatever the hell his name is one more time on ESPN, I may vomit. "The best running back in history" may not even play tomorrow night and I think that irony is hysterical. Personally, I think USC will destroy the Buckeyes but who knows. I also thought Florida would destroy my beloved Canes but they did not so anything can happen. Pick: USC

#10 Wisconsin vs #21 Fresno State - I love that Fresno State is ranked and I love that they have a shot at beating a Big 10 school! Wisconsin has issues winning on the road so with that, I'm going with the Bulldogs. Pick: Fresno St

I'm done for now, next week I'm going to introduce you to my football pool I'm in this year. I need your help, it's based on the spread and God knows I am horrible at that! Hell, I'm horrible at prognostications period so help me freaks!

9 comments:

atlantadan said...

If USF gets by Kansas in this game, they could be on a run as a dark horse for the NC, considering their conference.

Anonymous said...

What's the deal with Shannon. He's all upset that we kicked a final field goal yet the week before the U went for a 4th down conversion with a 38 pt. lead and 4 min. left in the game...hmmm. Here's what he had to say on the catch by Moore "His body was out of bounds. They said his elbow was inbounds. His whole body was out. You make your own judgment on what it is. The rule is your body is out of bounds, your body is out of bounds. Really you have to get both feet inbounds. That's out of bounds to me. Um...what? That's just embarassing. Quotes liket that will affect recruiting more than he will ever know.

TheRussianAssassin said...

I had the JAYHAWKS... but what a game!!!

The USC - nOHIO State game will be over by the 2nd quarter.

Fresno State? YES!

GA TECH? YES!

If UGA has to lose 1 game this year, I hope it is today. I had the Gamecocks last year and was so happy for it!

When are your pro picks?

I'd like to know what you think about the best NFL team in Florida... MY Jacksonville Jaguars!

And thank you for the picture and the tip of the hat to the new UGA. It is always sad when one of them has to be replaced.

SportsChica said...

Anonymoous poster,
Here's my thing, I think Shannon should have kept his mouth shut about Meyer kicking the field goal. In this day of the BCS, it's encouraged to run up the score in order to keep your place in the top 5; I don't blame Meyer for doing it. Now, do I like Urban Meyer...HAIL NO! I still don't blame him for kicking the field goal.

As for the out of bounds call, the guy never had possesion of the ball inbounds or out so....it was a bad call in my opinion.

SportsChica said...

Russian Asssasin,
You're new to the blog, welcome! Let's talk about the worst pro team in Florida: my Miami Dolphins.

Geez, are we going to only win 1 game again this year?!

Mongo Pusher said...

Chica...Have faith in our Dolphins. We haven't had time to establish the running game, which is our strength, because we've been down early in both games. Pennington's not scaring anyone deep, so our offense is very limited when we get behind. Overall, I think the team looks better than last year...4 wins.

SportsChica said...

I just hope it's not a repeat of last year. It's so frustrating to watch them. Why did we go for Pennington if he poses no real threat? If we are going to stink regardless, let's play the rookie.

Thoughts?

Mongo Pusher said...

As much as I don't really like Pennington, it's not been his fault so far. Our defense, which has been consistently good over the years, is now looking both old and tired and young and inexperienced at the same time. Once we can stop people, we can do some things on offense.

Anonymous said...

100% with you on the Beanie Weenie Wells over exposure! Enough already!