12.28.2007

Bowls and Things

Feliz Ano Nuevo freakitos!!! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I've enjoyed my time off but now it's time to discuss a few bowl games that interest me. I'm not going to pick every game that's left because it's too much, however, these are the ones I'm most interested in watching.

Before we start, did you watch the Holiday Bowl last night? I was surprised by Arizona State's lackluster performance and thought they would come back especially after that "illegal touching" penalty debacle. Mack Brown's stepson should be taken out back and beaten due to his stupidity. For those of you who did not watch the game: he reached out to grab the football while it was still in play causing his team a fumble recovery and thus allowing ASU to score a touchdown. In a word: IDIOT! His name is Chris Jesse and I think he deserves a lot of shit for the rest of his life. He's lucky his team won the game.

Off we go:
Music City Bowl - 12/31 at 4 pm on ESPN - Kentucky vs FSU
I'm adding this game because it is hysterical to me that FSU is playing this game minus 36 players. I can't wait to see what the sideline looks like, HA! Without a doubt, Kentucky should manhandle these guys and if they do not, then Kentucky should be taken out back and beaten. Pick: Wildcats

Chick-fil-A Bowl - 12/31 at 7:30 pm on ESPN - Clemson vs Auburn
Look for your Chica at this game. This should be a fun little game as both these teams are pretty evenly matched. It will be refreshing to go to the Georgia Dome and not have to deal with a bunch of thugs on the field and in the stands, just sayin'! Pick: Auburn

Cotton Bowl - 1/1 at 11:30 am on FOX - Missouri vs Arkansas
The first football game of 2008. Why in the world is there a game at 11:30 in the morning? Anyway, I digress, this should also be a great game. I have a feeling Arkansas is going to chew up the Tigers and eat them up for a late brunch regardless of Houston Nutt not being there. Pick: Hogs

Capital One Bowl - 1/1 at 1 pm on ABC - Michigan vs Florida
Florida should destroy the Wolverines, plus it's almost a home game for them. La Chica's pediction for this game? SNORE AND YAWN. Unless you're a Gator fan, this game is going to be boring as they should devour Michigan. Pick: Florida

Rose Bowl - 1/1 at 4:30 pm on ABC - Illinois vs USC
Speaking of snorefest, this should put anyone who's not a Trojan fan right out for the afternoon. I hope Illinois makes a game of it because Ron Zook and his team had a great season but I think the Rose Bowl committee made a huge mistake in not putting Georgia in this game. That would have been great but that makes too much sense. And instead, we the fans have to watch a boring ass game. Pick: Trojans

Sugar Bowl - 1/1 at 8:30 pm on FOX - Hawaii vs Georgia
Everyone keeps telling La Chica that Hawaii will make a game out of this but I just laugh and laugh and laugh because I know that Hawaii is going to run like little girls off the mainland once this is over. I hope I'm wrong, I really do but I really doubt it. Pick: UGA

Fiesta Bowl - 1/2 at 8:30 pm on FOX - Oklahoma vs West Virginia
This game should be interesting now that Rich Rodriguez will not be coaching the Mountaineers. I'm cheering for the Mountaineers but do not see them winning without their head coach and after that horrible loss to Pitt that cost them a trip to the national title game. Not to mention, these OU boys are big, a lot bigger than what WVU has been facing in the Big East, however, look at what Boise State did to OU last year. Pick: OU

Orange Bowl - 1/3 at 8:30 on FOX - Virginia Tech vs Kansas
This game bores me more than any of the others. Plus, Missouri should be in this game not Kansas. Because of that, I hope the Hokies destroy KU! Pick: VT

National Title Game - 1/7 at 8 pm on FOX - Ohio State vs LSU
Why play this game 4 days after the last bowl game? Instead of playing on a Monday night, it could be played on the Friday or Saturday after the Orange Bowl. Ugh! This is the same shit different year: Last year, no one gave Florida a chance and they ended up eating the Buckeyes for dinner. This year, no one is giving OSU a shot and I think that's a mistake. While I do not feel Ohio State is the number 1 team in the country, I doubt Tressel and company take what happened to them a year ago for granted. I think OSU will make this a good game AND Les Miles is an idiot! In the end though, LSU will prove they're a better team. Pick: LSU

Have a wonderful new year and don't drink and drive! Ciaosito.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chica-

La Diva is disgusted that your are hoping Hawaii and that Colt"Cross Eyed" Brennan and whiney June Jones, (who said Tim Tebow only did well because of the gimmicky offense) beat UGA. A former Falcons coach should never be allowed to talk smack. And no one knows where Colt is throwing the ball because his eyes are everywhere on the field. Just sayin... You are actually supporting a team called the Rainbow Warriors over the best mascot ever. Why don't you completely delude yourself and say Brit and Jamie Lynn are classy chicks? Which bowl is Miami playing in? They didn't even make it to the Recycled Christmas TRee Bowl at the North Pole. Or the Spiked EggNog Bowl in Shreveport.. Rrrright.....:)

Anyway I am done. How fitting Mack Brown's stepson is Jessie. After all the qb is named Colt. I am sure there are cheerleaders named Dusty and Rusty..Maybe even Ranger.

Love you! Go Dawgs!

SportsChica said...

Dawg Diva,
As usual, you have misread or simply MISUNDERSTOOD what I've written. This is common for you, maybe your reading skills have been damaged severely.

I never wrote that I hope Hawaii beats Georgia. As a college football fan, I simply want a good game but now that you've written your response, I hope the Warriors do beat your ass. Cute dog and all!

Oh and thanks for pointing out that the Hurricanes are not in a bowl game, you're certainly a great tour guide for the obvious.

Go Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

Dawg Diva is gifted and did not misread what you said:) I think Hawaii is a fabulous state and have even rooted for the team on occassion.

Heck I have even wanted Miami to win but they have a tendency to let me down. They do generally take care of Duke. And have been successful in those games during recreation time. Inmate 345778 vs Inmate 29556

Go Dawgs! Btw, Diva hopes LSU wins but she is impressed that Laurentis (sp) is the son of one of the Road Warriors:)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and you cant spell SUGAR without UGA!

SportsChica said...

Dawg Diva needs new material! Miami's "convict" days are long gone. In fact, Georgia has had a lot more arrests lately, especially this year. You guys almost tied Florida this year. Didn't they have about 10 arrests this year and you guys about 7?!

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, Diva.

SportsChica said...

Dawg Diva wrote: "Oh yeah and you can't spell SUGAR without UGA!"

WHO CARES????

Anonymous said...

Girls, quit the cat fighting!

Anonymous said...

Chica chica! Not really 3 guys from Prison "U" were arrested just today. And no-it wasn't after choir service.If you look at the UGA players arrested it was for Bar fights and so is underage drinking. Not advocating either by any stretch. Its just stupidity. But illegal nonetheless. But the U peeps seem to have a gun issued with a helmet. Are you being serious? Lets talk about some former Miami players and i will be nice. We cant talk about the current ones cause nobody knows who they are-but they are still getting arrested.


Time Magazine recently did an entire article on Miami's woes, And no, its not media bias. They list an a** load of examples A lot of U players have a tendency to find themselves in unfortunate situations. Does that make them bad people? Of course not. There are good people and bad people at all schools. I'm not going to get more detailed, but trust me, the "Thug U" rep isnt gone. Maybe Randy Shannon can help turn that around. He seems like a pretty good guy.

I got spirit yes i do-where is finish the drill? he would totally want us to hug and make up..:)

SportsChica said...

Who were the 3 U players recently arrested? I haven't heard or read anything about that, seriously.

And please, do not quote the liberal trash that is Time magazine on my blog.

Make all the excuses you want but at then end of the day, your precious GA had about 20 arrests this year. Even the AJC who is in love w/GA kept writing about how "Richt and his faith have lost control at UGA".

Even your ridiculous display at the GA/FL game when all the players were dancing and looking like idiots on field reminded me of the old school Miami 80s teams. I guess that comes from your head coach being a UM alumni. Is he a thug too?

Anonymous said...

Chica,
Sportsfan here, why do you continue to reply to this Diva chick? It's obvious she's a bitter GA fan. It's been almost 30 years since they've won a national championship.

It's typical of their kind. Talk trash and smack but really haven't done a darn thing. And is ironic that she is dogging on Miami since her head coach is a Cane himself.

SportsChica said...

You're correct, Sportsfan, let's see: in the last 27 years, GA has won 1 national title and the Hurricanes 5.

No wonder they're bitter and have to make up arrests. That's all they have. Sure, Miami is down but they'll be back.

I'm out.

Anonymous said...

Sportsfan your post made me laugh out loud! Since you don't know me, trust me I am not bitter. I am what we call a realist and I crack on the Dawgs all the time. My office husband who posts here can vouch for that-something Miami peeps struggle with. We know-the mean old media makes it hard to recruit. I dont play the game but I support my alma mater. And I feel most confident that the Canes would LOVE to have Mark Richt as the head coach. If the Canes continue to look as dandy under Randy as they did last season, they would be lucky to get anyone. Especially the way they looked during their last game in the Orange Bowl. That was priceless!

Peace out:)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Chica-

My husband (the real one not the office one but he will say something to me to but he is on vacay)said it looked like i was trying to start an argument and I swear I wasn't. I was actually trying to start spirited banter, so i want to apologize. So to Chica, Real Husband, and Office Husband -I love you all. It is all in good fun.

Btw- I hate to pull against conference but I just cant stand Nick Saban. And JP Wilson has those dry cracked lips like Chipper Jones and I just wonder why they dont whip out the carmex.

So Truce Chica. I adore you:)

SportsChica said...

Dawg Diva,
I agree with all of your husbands; your commentary was not "in all good fun" but thanks for playing.

Happy New Year.