12.04.2007

Dumb Ole' Ravens

La Chica was glued to her television last night watching Monday Night Football in the hopes that the Baltimore Ravens would upset the mighty New England Patriots, it almost happened. But alas, the Ravens made some critical mistakes and committed about 32 infractions and penalties that cost them the game in the end. Ugh.

Now, why am I upset or discussing this on this cold Georgia morning? Your Chica is a Miami Dolphins fan, I grew up on the fish (mammals) and even though we suck this year, they're my team. All my teams suck but that's a whole other blog entry. Regardless, someone needs to beat this Patriots team so that the 1972 Dolphins undefeated season record lives on. I just want them to lose one game and then they can go on to win it all as they most likely will.

Championship seasons are made out of a lot of luck and a little talent; last night the Pats proved this theory. They did not play as brilliantly as they normally do but they still escaped Baltimore with a win. The fans were in it and the defense was in it but their costly mistakes in the last few minutes cost them the game. These were mistakes that do not normally happen, i.e. the timeout that should not have been called and if it hadn't the Ravens would have gotten the ball back because they stopped the Patriots on 4th down. Who does that?? This is definitely New England's year and that's fine but I just want them to lose 1!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How poetic would it be if the FINS would be the team to give the Pats their first loss, and in turn, give themselves their 1st win ???!!!! That would be quite a surprise and an early Christmas present to La Chica Bonita!

SportsChica said...

Gator,
I agree that would make my hapless sports year. I doubt it happens though, this Dolphins team has no heart left.

I appreciate the thought though!