6.13.2007

Wake Me Up When September Comes

As much as the antics of many professional players have amused and offended me these past few months, I'm still holding my breath for September and the start of football. Mainly college football!

I mean it's kind of fun picking on the majority of these losers (except when it involves animal cruelty) but enough already. Let's bring on the on-field action!

Anyway, here's another story about 2 more Florida Gators getting into trouble with the law. So far this year the Gators are averaging at least one arrest per month: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2902082

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGA is not too far behind FLA as far as players getting in trouble.

I thought the worst was over when we lost that Oliver kid because of academics. But then the "keg lifting" pix of Matt Stafford showed up and Blake Barnes and Tripp Chandler decided to provide alcohol to every underage girl in Athens. I think a total of 10 players broke the law or team rules so far this Summer.

The upside is recruiting. They didn't do a bad job at all this off-season in getting top-notch talent like Caleb King - but next year is already starting out to be a record-breaker. They already have commitments from two of the top six players in the country and three of the top 30, like the wide out from Statesboro, A.J.Greene, who has been described as the "most dynamic player in the country" by CNNSI's Mike Farrell.

I have no doubt Rev. Richt and his staff will focus on making sure the new crop doesn't sprout any weeds.

SportsChica said...

finish the drill,
I have also noticed the number of UGA players getting into trouble this off season too. However, given the Gators recent success, I want to bust on them more!

Call it jealousy, I guess. I'm not going to lie, I'm incredibly jealous of their recent success on the court and field. Fortunately, all good things must eventually come to an end.

Off Topic (sort of): If any of you have Comcast cable, then you get the CSS channel. Throughout the summer, they replay college football games from 7pm - 10pm weeknights. It's a great way to get your college football fix for now.