12.06.2006

10 Things I Learned This Season

This was a tough season for your Chica for obvious reasons but college football is still the best sport going and I enjoyed the hell out of it. These are in no particular order but here's what I learned over the last 4 months:

  1. Picking the outcome of a college football game is near impossible or I'm just really bad at prognosticating.
  2. I really love using the word "prognosticate". It's fancy.
  3. The media (especially ESPN) is going to sway its viewers and readers regardless of the truth. It doesn't matter peeps, they're going to write and say whatever they want even if it's not true and that's sad. I lost a lot of respect for a network I used to dream about working for. Oh who am I kidding, if they came knocking at my door with a job, your Chica would take it but I would still bitch about their unfair bias!
  4. On the same line as the above bulleted item, it's amazing there are still certain sportswriters getting paid to cover sports: John Saunders, Woody Paige, Joe Theismann, etc. I could go on.
  5. "This is our country"...John Mellencamp's song was ingrained into our brains so much this season that a lot of people moved out of "our country". I'm just saying!
  6. Never, ever, ever bet more than $20 on college football games! Or even more importantly, never, ever say you'll show any body part if a certain team wins.
  7. Doug Flutie's 80s hair will never go away. Bless his heart.
  8. While I love Kirk Herbstreit and respect him because the man does know his college football, he made the most bonehead call of all this past preseason by picking the Miami Hurricanes to win the national title. As much as this Chica would have loved that, we all know what happened but it made me feel better with all my bad predictions. Thanks Kirk.
  9. The BCS still sucks.
  10. Watching your team play live in another country and continent ROCKS!

What did you guys learn this season?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 things I learned this season by Neal

10. I must go and work for the ad agency that made the Jack Lynx Jerky commercials

9. An Autistic (read Retard) with a dart board can pick winners better than 99% of the sports writers

8. Rutgers is in NJ, who knew

7. That the SportsChica sits around topless. and thinks about me.

6. That a home schooled reject can make it onto a college team, can't throw worth shit but can make it nonetheless and given a dart board can pick winners better than 99% of the sports writers

5. The ACC is boring.

4. Jeff Smardzija does look just like me, who knew.

3. People get really angry with you if you dog the team they like. Even when they didn't go to that school.

2. I'm just sayin' is actually a legit way to end a sentence.

1. EVERYTHING IS MOOT

Anonymous said...

I learned that chicas who write about sports are hot!