12.27.2006

Bowls and Stuff

I trust everyone had a fabulous Christmas. Thankfully, your Chica did as well.

Since Christmas Eve, I've watched two bowl games and fortunately for me, my picks have won! I'm involved in a Bowl Pool and it's fun. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it makes these boring bowl games involving schools who's mascot I don't even know a lot more interesting.

The Hawaii/Arizona State game was okay because it had a lot of scoring. As most of you know, La Chica loves her some offense. I must say however, I found myself quite annoyed by the long Polynesian hair worn by many Hawaii players. Actually, you can't watch a PAC 10 or Hawaii game without there being at least 5 players on the field with hair longer than Crystal Gayle (that's right, I threw that country name out!). It's not attractive and I can only imagine the stench underneath the helmet. I say the same thing about the dudes with the long dreadlocks so please, no hate comments on this one.

Last night's game was Central Michigan vs Middle Tennessee State. This game left a lot to be desired. CMU outplayed Middle (that's what the analysts calling the game called them) and were simply bigger and better. All in all I give the game a 1 out of a possible 5 for excitement level. I keep having to remind myself that the fun bowl games actually start with tonight's game, Florida State vs UCLA.

God only knows what kind of commentary is going to come from this game. I'm going to pick UCLA to win tonight but wouldn't be unhappy if the Seminoles won for the sake of the ACC. Here are a few other picks and games that will be worth watching:

12/28 Holiday Bowl: Texas A&M vs California. I'm going with Cal.
12/28 Independence Bowl: OK State vs Alabama. I'm going with OSU simply because Bama does not have a head coach.
12/29 Music City Bowl: Kentucky vs Clemson. Go Tigers!
12/30 Chick-fil-A Bowl: Va Tech vs Georgia. Look for your Chica at the game as I will be in la Georgia Dome and cheering for the mangey Hokies. Go ACC!

Check back for more picks later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

La Chica! You always smack on what a low budget team Frankie B has up in Blacksburg and here you are rooting for them?! Everyone is picking Va Tech so I shouldn't expect anything different from you but can you at least be somewhat original and ROOT for the dogs? C'mon, please?

Anonymous said...

Chica roots for the ACC in these situations... besides, SC is a closet Gator fan! Word on the street is that she now hates the leg humping mutts.