12.08.2006

Ugh!

Well, it's official, the University of Miami once again hired an assistant from within the program to become the head coach. UM's defensive coordinator, Randy Shannon, was hired last night. Let's see, the last time this happened was with Larry Coker and we all know how that turned out.

At least when Coker was hired he was left with Butch Davis' amazing recruits. That team could have won the national championship with me as head coach and my dog, Zoe, as offensive and defensive coordinators! This time around it's different because Coker didn't leave that talent behind but instead left a mess behind that, in my opinion, needs an offensive genius to rebuild.

UM had a chance to inject some much needed new blood into this program and they failed. They even hired a fancy consultant to help them in their search for a new head coach. Hell, I could have been paid the money to look down the hall. How does this athletic administration continue to waste money and get away with it? I've been saying for awhile that the athletic director should have been fired as well. If he were running a regular corporation, he would have "gotten the boot" last year for his mistake of extending Coker's contract.

As a diehard Miami Hurricane fan, I will support the new coach and the team but I'm incredibly disappointed this morning. I feel it's going to be another long and possibly humiliating season next year. I hope I'm wrong; I hope I'm eating my words this time next year because I'm tired. I'm really tired of cheering for a losing team.

No comments: