11.20.2006

Weekend Stuff
The Miami Dolphins have won 3 in a row! Meanwhile, the Atlanta Falcons have lost 3 in a row...I'm just saying.

What about the beat down bestowed upon Wake Forest by Virginia Tech? I was actually cheering for Wake but was later happy that they got their asses smacked. One of my Hurricane friends (Joy) fell victim to a Wake fan talking trash to her about Miami's terrible season this year. Um, here's the thing, Wake: You guys haven't done sh_t in 50 or more years so until you do, no one wants to hear you say anything. And you're still not going to win an ACC title or a national championship! So sit your ass down.

And speaking of Miami, the bleeding should be over after Thanksgiving evening. God, please make it stop!

In other "beat down" news, Rutgers got theirs at the hands of Cincinnati as well. I'm so glad that I did not join the Scarlet Knights bandwagon. I told you guys they did not deserve a #3 BCS ranking after beating Louisville. That said, kudos to them because they've had a wonderful season, regardless.

Now for the BCS standings:

1) Ohio State 1.00
2) Michigan .926
3) USC .918
4) Florida .883
5) Notre Dame .819

My master plan of Cal beating USC did not work over the weekend, thanks a lot you freaking libs! Now what? La Chica wants to see an SEC team face OSU in the title game and right now Arkansas is playing better football than Florida so they get my vote, but with USC playing ND this week...the winner of that game will probably jump Michigan. Oh who knows, this college football season has exhausted me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE for OSU to play an SEC team in Arizona, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I agree with Miss Chica that the Razorbacks are playing better ball right now (this, of course, is in light of the fact that Florida savaged those jumpin' Catamounts 62-0)

However, I think there is too much of a love affair between the damned sports writers and both ND and USC. Speaking of those two, do you guys really think an OSU-USC or OSU-ND title game would be more interesting than OSU-ARK or OSU-FL? I can't believe that ND would get in even if they win out, but what sense does it make to have an OSU-Mich rematch? Say for instance, USC manages to beat ND, which takes ND out of the title hunt picture, then has an off day and loses to UCLA at the end of the season? Do you still freeze out Arkansas assuming they beat LSU and the Gators in the SEC championship game?

And what happens if OSU-Mich repeat in the title game and Mich wins? Who is #1? Do you play a third time as a tie-breaker?

Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for a playoff system in college football?

SportsChica said...

Finish the Drill,
Glad to see you back here. Here are my opinions about your opinions:

1) I don't believe in this rematch propaganda. Michigan had its chance to beat OSU and did not. "Nuff said.

2) If Arkansas wins out and beats Florida in the SEC game, it will be a shame b/c they will still not play for a national championship. Why? Just as you stated, the media loves them some USC and ND for whatever reason.

3) Assuming ND does make it to Glendale, they will get their Irish asses handed to them by OSU....AGAIN.

4) Hopefully, USC will beat ND and then UCLA will beat USC. It's a longshot but could happen. Bottom line is, no matter what Arkansas or Florida do, neither will play for a national title this year.

Anonymous said...

Can someone explain to me why a one loss Arkansas should get the bid over a one loss USC? Seriously, I want to hear this.

Unknown said...

good stuff...would love to see a Arkansas/USC bowl game...don't know if that is even possible..mute point because LSU will probably knock of Arkansas Friday.
I gonna stick it out there...
Predictions
LSU 24 Arkansas 20
FL State 20 FL 17
USC 30 ND 20

SportsChica said...

Arkansas is screwed b/c they lost to USC big in its opener. They've played much better football since then but that loss was huge. The only way ARK can jump USC is if the Trojans lose, obviously. And of course, the Razorbacks have to win out. If that's the case then they certainly deserve a shot at the title game. My humble opinions.

SportsChica said...

Brian, I think the Razorbacks beat LSU; that's going to be a great game!!!

Also, I think USC beats Notre Dumb (as Trigeek says).

Anonymous said...

U know..not that this is gonna happen, but if Arkansas wins out they should play OSU in the title game. Now that is a big if as they still have LSU and UF but yeah they should. Remember how EVERYONE says "If you are gonna lose-lose early in the season" That is exactly what Arkansas did. Lost the first game to USC. USC lost mid season to an unranked team. Sorry- but true.

And why on earth would anyone want to see OSU vs Michigan again. Oh yeah-some Michigan peeps hoping for a victory. We all just saw it. U lost Big Blue. Deal with it. Game over.

I think the championship game will be OSU vs USC. Just my 2 cents. Go Dawgs!!!

SportsChica said...

Dawg Diva,
Welcome back to you as well!

I think it will be USC/OSU in the title game as well; however, I would love to see Arkansas (if they're playing well) in there.

Florida has not looked good for the 5 weeks so, sorry Gator peeps but not this year.